PDA

View Full Version : More engine mount woes...

will.i.am.s2
28-01-2012, 14:57
Got the williams back today after having the gearbox mounting replaced. Thing is im now getting bad vibrations through the car from tick over upto 3000rpm and when im de-accelarating.

Anyone have any ideas on this? My thinking is that the top engine mount will now need replacing as the engine is still very close to the chassis rail on the right hand side. I recon if i do the top engine mount it should push the engine back over into position?? Or when doing the gearbox mount do you have to line the engine up correctly or does it just go on as it is? Im gutted about this as i couldnt wait to get back in the williams so if anyone can advise on this it would be much appreciated 8)

Cant realy moan at the garage to much as i told them to just replace what i told them to do nd nothing else, so looks like il have to finish it off myself.

p4cks
28-01-2012, 15:34
Mine does the same. I'm going to get the garage this week to replace the top mount and the gearbox mount just to be sure.

I have a spare top mount (brand new as I bought two in error!) if you want it. Look in items for sale.

MatBrown
28-01-2012, 18:00
Which mount did they replace?
The one under the battery or the rear dogbone?

will.i.am.s2
28-01-2012, 18:10
Cheers p4cks il care that in mind mate 8)

Mat, its the one down by the exhaust downpipe, i presume thats the dog bone? Is there any way of adjusting it or is it possible they fitted it wrong??

MatBrown
28-01-2012, 19:51
They could have put a bolt in the wrong way round and it's catching on the downpipe.
Was it a brand new mount?

will.i.am.s2
28-01-2012, 19:57
Yeah it was a brand new renault one, i guess they could have put a bolt in the wrong way, its a pretty bad vibration. It goes after 4000rpm but is terrible before and all i can hear is vibrating through the car :?