PDA

View Full Version : Williams prices on the rise

will.i.am.s2
26-01-2012, 20:27
Evening all, ive been monitoring the online sale prices on various websites of the clio williams out of interest since buying mine. Im a e-market analyst by trade so its second nature :roll:

Probably doesnt take a genius to notice but thought i would mention that the prices are geting higher now for even half decent examples, much higher than when i purchased mine so id say the future is bright for all williams owners :lol:

p4cks
26-01-2012, 20:36
Let's be honest they won't be getting any cheaper!

The 205 GTI prices are good to use as an indication of potential future prices of the Willy.

will.i.am.s2
26-01-2012, 20:45
Let's be honest they won't be getting any cheaper!

The 205 GTI prices are good to use as an indication of potential future prices of the Willy.

Glad i bought mine when i did. The 205 gti is a good marker yeah but the williams should surpass them as they are rarer. Theres probably still more 205 gtis on the road :lol:

FATBOY
26-01-2012, 20:49
so whats the going rates ATM then???? and whats the 205 GTI prices like then?

will.i.am.s2
26-01-2012, 21:27
Hard to say as all are different condition/spec but if you have a half decent williams 1/2/3 should expect 2-2.5k at least, 1800ish for a fast non auction sale maybe. The price gap seems to be closing between the 3 now they are old cars. Strange how cars like these start rising in value for no reason.

The 205gti seemed to peak at 2.5k and struggle to go for more unless exceptional but havent checked them out for about a year so maybe wrong.

Had a look at the gti-6 also and was shocked how cheap you can pick them up now, i had one few years ago and paid loads for it, not a bad motor but no williams.

will.i.am.s2
26-01-2012, 21:39
Even the 306 rallye is cheap now aswell as the 106 gti. A couple of good future investments there i recon if youve got a lock up or barn :lol:

p4cks
26-01-2012, 22:05
Even the 306 rallye is cheap now aswell as the 106 gti. A couple of good future investments there i recon if youve got a lock up or barn :lol:

I doubt. It tends to be the homologated models which are worth keeping. Neither of those are, however the 106 Rallye was. That is the one to have.

jamiecrookston83
26-01-2012, 22:10
Can only be good thing if the value of 1,2 or 3's are going up

stevie_b
26-01-2012, 23:20

Has been something I have considered before - have barns :wink: What could you get a decent 306 Rallye for these days if you have been watching them?

tutuur
26-01-2012, 23:42
Pppffff you UK guys are lucky as f*ck. Whén and i mean WHÉN there is a willy up for sale in the Netherlands your looking for €4500 at least!
Which isn't even in good condition!

I beleive some guys just love the cult on those willy but i'd rather by myself a 172 for that money, which is rare too.

Lucky bastards! Wish i was born in the UK!

will.i.am.s2
27-01-2012, 00:00
Yeah your right about the 106 rallye, slipped my mind.

Id say the 306 rallye be a good investment as they were rated highly back in the day and are rare cars, The 106 gti would probably be something you would have to hold onto for quite a long time but they still wernt exactly as common as say a saxo vtr/vts and again were highly rated.

Anyway more importantly if you have a barn available you might aswell fill it with some nice toys :-k I know i would.

........Ive seen half decent 306 rallyes going for around a grand and just under in the last 6 months which is reasonable imo. There was a few nice white ones around before xmas for around 1400 in good condition, would have to be white for me 8)

franksvalver
27-01-2012, 08:25
On a slightly biased note, I cant understand why the 2s and 3s are worth that much. I know its only a number plate, a plaque and a number written on the side. But surely everyone wants a willams 1

I still look out for williams 1s for sale tbh. I would buy another anyday if very clean

p4cks
27-01-2012, 09:13
On a slightly biased note, I cant understand why the 2s and 3s are worth that much. I know its only a number plate, a plaque and a number written on the side. But surely everyone wants a willams 1

I still look out for williams 1s for sale tbh. I would buy another anyday if very clean

You could argue that although the 1 was the original, the 3 is the rarest. Horses for courses I think, although if you look at any classics around at the moment it is always the original that command the highest prices.

Personally, I just wanted a 3, nowt else.

fabulicious
27-01-2012, 14:31
I beleive some guys just love the cult on those willy but i'd rather by myself a 172 for that money, which is rare too.

the problem with 172's is they are as ghey as fook.
Anyone I know who has or had or was about to buy one is either a cock, has nothing but hassle, or (in my case) was getting ripped off by a car dealer.

You tell me a happy experience about a 172 and I may change my opinion.

Wobba
27-01-2012, 16:00
I've monitored cars like the Lancia EVO, Audi Quattro and E30 M3 for years. All of thee old wide-archers have gone up and up and up. I could have easily got an M3 a few years ago or a Delta...much more expensive now!

Willies are going up in price too. I often see explorative traders trying for over £4k now...

dimma
27-01-2012, 16:40
I had a look on eBay France a month ago and the price of them on there was wild.6 to 15 thousand euro.

FATBOY
27-01-2012, 19:12
Pppffff you UK guys are lucky as f*ck. Whén and i mean WHÉN there is a willy up for sale in the Netherlands your looking for €4500 at least!

cant you just get across from the hook to harwich and take one back?? :wink:

2 live
27-01-2012, 20:06

cant you just get across from the hook to harwich and take one back?? :wink:

you coud also deliver some goods from your neck of the woods and make it a free journey and car ;)

fabulicious
27-01-2012, 21:07
Deliver this and you can have mine for free..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/600full-doutzen-kroes.jpg

16v_paddy
27-01-2012, 22:07
What would I get if I just sent you that picture laminated? :P

fabulicious
27-01-2012, 22:33
These :P

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/tumblr_lgl6fqfqo91qzyt5xo1_500.jpg

stevie_b
27-01-2012, 23:43
I've monitored cars like the Lancia EVO, Audi Quattro and E30 M3 for years. All of thee old wide-archers have gone up and up and up. I could have easily got an M3 a few years ago or a Delta...much more expensive now!

Willies are going up in price too. I often see explorative traders trying for over £4k now...

Welcome back! :lol:

3 nice cars there. Nearly bought an M3 as my first car. Still think back to when I was offered one with some regret that I didn't buy it then, but the reality was that I went to work abroad not long after so probably would have had to flog it even if I did buy it. Then when I was away I had a real thing for Evos, but by the time I came back to the UK I ended up buying a nearly new valver instead (looked at Willys back then but the insurance hike was massive - group 12 vs 17).

I think the Williams does represent very good value for what it is today and has yet to see a price rise in the same way those others have.

If anyone does see a good 306 Rallye for sale in the SE at around the prices mentioned and isn't after it themselves then please point me in the direction of it! I can probably still make the space for something like that :lol: