PDA

View Full Version : New willy2 owner!!

gdaniel
21-01-2012, 12:54
Hey guys thought id introduce myself. I stay in central scotland if anyone one else is up this way lol?

Anyway bought a willy2 off my neighbour in early december, needs a lot of tlc but im getting there slowly but surely! Its been fun and frustrating so far, when i got it the speedo cable wasnt connected, i tried doing it but it wouldnt come anywhere near the gauge, turns out it got trapped in amongst the heater matrix when it got changed earlier in the yr so had to unbolt all that and route it round the back of it! Then 2 weeks later i went through a huge puddle which pulled down my fuel lines, so ive had to replace all them from the tank to the front of the car, that was a fookin pain!! Oh, then a couple days later the lens cover came off my front indicator, so i had to get a new one of them! Had dodgy steering, was that silly bush at the bottom of the column (cheers search function lol), so iv welded that and noticed a track rod end was away, so im doing them both and the wheel alignment today!

Also gave it a wee service, new oil and fuel filters, plugs, aux belt, battery, changed the coolant, new wiper blades etc! Alternator next cos im getting flickering electrics with the revs! :roll:

Only bought this cos it was really cheap (neighbour needed rid), i also have a 55 Civic Type-R but im loving the williams to drive, its tax n motd til april so the R is off the road and im scooting about in it til then, such a fun wee car :twisted:

Anyway thats my life story, hi lol, and il get some pics up soon!!!

jamiecrookston83
21-01-2012, 16:37
Hello Mate. I stay in Edinburgh. Welcome along to the club. Where abouts are you?

Jamie

Jamie.
21-01-2012, 16:52
I live/work in Aberdeen.

gdaniel
21-01-2012, 22:07
I stay in falkirk mate 8)

jamiecrookston83
22-01-2012, 00:03
Nice one not to far from me then. Much needing done to the car?

gdaniel
22-01-2012, 19:45
Just all the common stuff on this forum really. Got a wobbly speedo needle, idles at about 1.5k when u full throttle past 4.5k (but not if u half throttle to 6k or full throttle to 4k... weird), rust on the rear arches! But everything works, it dives and brakes well etc, iv got a few parts to fit over the next week then its just that funny idle and poor bodywork :? Cant complain tho, i bought it cos i wanted a project and its certainly keeping me busy ha! :lol:

MG1980
23-01-2012, 00:48
Welcome fella!! Pics??