PDA

View Full Version : clio Hybrid starting problem

James5
19-01-2012, 13:33
Hi, my friend has a valver hybrid and recently the starter motor died so we replaced the starter with a new one and we also replaced the battery with a new Bosch jobbie. Now here is the problem, engine turns over but slowly like it has a flat battery, so we tried a power pack makes no difference. We even tried a battery of another car that drove a few secs before and same symptoms but on the other valver starts fine. What I will add is that the earth near the head light passenger side has started to smoke a bit on cranking, now not being that clued up on wiring I am after some advice on what to check.

We have checked all contacts on starter and all fine, starter works fine on another car, we have replaced some of the earth cables, we have also used a jump lead cable straight from the gearbox to the neg on the battery and has still made no difference? any ideas's on what to check, to me sounds like possible drain / live feed contacting an earth somewhere

16v_paddy
19-01-2012, 13:50
That earth point only smokes when 1 of the other earths is missing or not connected :wink:

James5
19-01-2012, 17:08
That earth point only smokes when 1 of the other earths is missing or not connected :wink:

So need more earths to start with then :D

16v_paddy
20-01-2012, 00:57
I'd say more that 1 of them isn't connected properly, I had the exact same problem 1 of the times I refitted the engine & all I'd done was to forget 1 of the earth connections