PDA

View Full Version : SUNROOFS!!!!!

dannyt
15-08-2005, 12:35
Yesturday cleaned the motor and went out for a nice country drive, anyway had the sunrrof open a little bit and when I came to shut it again it was stuck!!!

The weather then started to look a bit worse for wear anyway whilst I was looking at it, I noticed it had popped off its runners!

Anyway after some messing around I got it to close again, but then I tried opening it and messed it up!

Drove round to my dads and we managed to bend the runners outwards a little and managed to close it, however don't dear open it now!

So what should I do,

A, Never open it again?

B, Open it and see if it works?

C, Get new runners or whatever it needs?

Anyone else had this problems before?

Swervin_Mervin
15-08-2005, 12:38
Mine gets stuck opening and closing, but with mine it's the gear between teh motor and mechanism that's slipping.

Don't know what to suggest really.

clowo16v
15-08-2005, 12:47
Sheet of plywood from B&Q - 6 quid

100 self tappers - 3 quid

Filler - 10 quid

Sand Paper - a quid

Paint - 10 quid

Fixed for 30 quid :lol: Only joking, not sure what to suggest really, have the runners opened up so the guide wheel falls out?

See ya

Matt

VIPERONE
15-08-2005, 16:53
never use it again.

i dont use mine.. use it to let more light in lol.

northy
15-08-2005, 17:03
get it fixed.

Does it leak danny ?

If it was me - id spend a few days removing the headlining to gain acsess to the sunroof.

Whats the point in having one and not using it. It will do your headin eventually and what happens if a mate presses the button who doesnt know ????

Danny do the job right mate...will be worth it in the long run.

Gav
15-08-2005, 19:31

Filler - 10 quid

Sand Paper - a quid

Paint - 10 quid

Sunroof getting stuck again and you gettin soaked in the rain, PRICELESS

:D

Martin
15-08-2005, 21:03
Yesturday cleaned the motor and went out for a nice country drive, anyway had the sunrrof open a little bit and when I came to shut it again it was stuck!!!

The weather then started to look a bit worse for wear anyway whilst I was looking at it, I noticed it had popped off its runners!

Anyway after some messing around I got it to close again, but then I tried opening it and messed it up!

Drove round to my dads and we managed to bend the runners outwards a little and managed to close it, however don't dear open it now!

So what should I do,

A, Never open it again?

lol are you sure this is'nt cut straight out of an e-mail to Gaz!? :lol:
Oh and go for A! :D

MatBrown
15-08-2005, 21:41
I have a Leccy sunroof for sale from a K reg.

Mat.

Justin..
15-08-2005, 22:42

Filler - 10 quid

Sand Paper - a quid

Paint - 10 quid

Fixed for 30 quid :lol: Only joking, not sure what to suggest really, have the runners opened up so the guide wheel falls out?

See ya

Matt
omg :shock: :o lmao :D

dannyt
16-08-2005, 08:00
Never leaked, been the best one I've had and seen by far, but now it might be time to never open it again, until I have some more money!!!

2 live
16-08-2005, 08:29
sell the car and buy a proper sunroofless one hehe

GazTwo
16-08-2005, 10:51

So what should I do,

A, Never open it again?

lol are you sure this is'nt cut straight out of an e-mail to Gaz!? :lol:
Oh and go for A! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big hp
16-08-2005, 11:02
sell the car and buy a proper sunroofless one hehe

i'll second that motion.