PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly speedo needle

p4cks
12-01-2012, 16:40
Would a new speedo cable rectify this?

Lunner
12-01-2012, 17:12
Have a search mate it has come up before, from memry i think its to do with the bit in the gearbox that the speedo cable goes into

ThRaXaIR
12-01-2012, 17:50
leave it as is because there fun. it makes me smile when mine does it. :D

Rajk
21-01-2012, 02:25
most of us here have the same problem/querk I think its great, never bothered me tho'

p4cks
21-01-2012, 15:46
Coincidentally I bought the necessary part which apparently fixes it, fitted it, but the speedo still bounces. I suspect it is a worn speedo cable :(

Vandella
26-01-2012, 19:37
try cleaning ur earth points with a bit of sandpaper n give a good brush/wipe clean bolts too!!..There all quite accesable..worked a for me! only does it below 15-20 mph now...n i dont spend long at those speeds so as good as problem solved!!! lol

fabulicious
26-01-2012, 21:20
Coincidentally I bought the necessary part which apparently fixes it, fitted it, but the speedo still bounces. I suspect it is a worn speedo cable :(

which part was that?

p4cks
26-01-2012, 21:24

which part was that?

The little doofer that plugs into the gearbox :)

fabulicious
26-01-2012, 21:27
Dont remind me of that little b*stard :lol:

Are you getting any high rev symptoms?

Best bet is to remove the white plug in the gear box and the black clip on the speedo cable and plug the cable end directly into the little doofer.
Go for a drive :)

p4cks
26-01-2012, 21:38
Are you getting any high rev symptoms?

Best bet is to remove the white plug in the gear box and the black clip on the speedo cable and plug the cable end directly into the little doofer.
Go for a drive :)

Occasionally it idles at about 1400rpm which I think is a sticky accelerator pedal/cable.

I'm probably going to end up buying a new speedo cable. I want my Willy to be perfect.

fabulicious
26-01-2012, 21:45
There are a couple of reasons for why it is happening.

1. Is that your original gearbox?
Even if it is a JC5 I believe the white holder and cable black plug differ between box's.

2. The cable is not plugged in correctly.

Trust me.
It's got to do with how the cable plugs into the doofer.
As a test do as I suggested.
If it does not rectify the problem I will buy you a new cable.

p4cks
26-01-2012, 22:03
There are a couple of reasons for why it is happening.

1. Is that your original gearbox?
Even if it is a JC5 I believe the white holder and cable black plug differ between box's.

2. The cable is not plugged in correctly.

Trust me.
It's got to do with how the cable plugs into the doofer.
As a test do as I suggested.
If it does not rectify the problem I will buy you a new cable.

Cheers. I shall try it on Saturday :)

fabulicious
26-01-2012, 22:07
No worries.
BTW me I'm not after perfection. I'll settle for excellence. :thumbsup: