PDA

View Full Version : New Clio Williams 2012

Padmeister2011
16-12-2011, 16:06
Hi Guys,

Over the last 6 months there has been rumours of a new Clio Williams as a special edition final production run of the current Renault Sport Clio.

Do any of you think this will actually happen or is it just talk?

And if it does do you think it will be nothing more than a set of Williams stickers on the car and a new paint scheme or do you expect an increase in power and alot more special features :)

MG1980
16-12-2011, 16:21
Hi Guys,

Over the last 6 months there has been rumours of a new Williams clio as a special edition final production run of the current Renault Sport Clio.

Do any of you think this will actually happen or is it just talk?

And if it does do you think it will be nothing more than a set of Williams stickers on the car and a new paint scheme or do you expect an increase in power and alot more special features :)

Half the chat I have read on this has from Auto Express and they seem to make up a lot of rubbish to sell their mag!

16v_paddy
16-12-2011, 22:22
There's already a big thread on here about it somewhere :wink:

Padmeister2011
17-12-2011, 15:16
There's already a big thread on here about it somewhere :wink:

sorry paddy i didnt realise :)

titcharoony
03-01-2012, 02:22
theyll do a clio williams, theyve just done a raider.

zmaster2k
03-01-2012, 08:04
Hopefully it will be more than just gold wheels and a revised interior....as per the gordini ...

The only logical route for them to take is the f4rt and an LSD to make some sort of FRS contender! IMO

It won't happen :-(

Bob Jones
03-01-2012, 13:07
Williams are only a customer team to Renault.

So they pay for their engines.

Because this time Renault would be obliged to Pay Frank for the name, and Frank isn't cheap, it wont happen.

Frank will just turn around and say, 'hey im paying you for these enigines and you want to use my name, so i want free engines and some cash to sweeten the deal'

Because that will cost renault far more than they would make from any sale its a non starter.

titcharoony
04-01-2012, 01:05
id disagree.