PDA

View Full Version : WRITE OFF ?

PC-PLOD
13-12-2011, 15:50
Parked outside my garage when the local district nurse deciced to drive into it drivers side, rear quarter caved in door damaged to say im gutted is an understatment insurance compamy say its not cost effective to repair so they are writing it off i await there valuation with interest , local body shop say its repairable providing i can source a rear panel shame really ive had it 8 years and looked after it better than my mrs nothing after it will ever be the same

Red Cloud
13-12-2011, 17:14
There was an entire panel on for sale section, have a search might still be available.

16v_paddy
13-12-2011, 17:48
Insurance companies will write off a mk1 clio if it had just a scratch on it so don't worry too much about what they say, tell them you want to keep the car & they'll just pay you accordingly :wink:

Someone hit my valver 3 years ago & insurance wanted to write the car off, so I said I wanted to keep it, they paid me £1200 & I got it fixed for £600 :D

Wobba
14-12-2011, 18:04
That's basically the same damage as mine.

I have a complete new rear quarter already bought and a virtually new door going on. I'll be having the rest of the rust sorted at the same time for good measure.

The panel was bout £330ish from Renault Parts Direct. The door I sourced from another Williams.

simonr85
16-12-2011, 18:12
Insurance companies will write off a mk1 clio if it had just a scratch on it so don't worry too much about what they say, tell them you want to keep the car & they'll just pay you accordingly :wink:

Someone hit my valver 3 years ago & insurance wanted to write the car off, so I said I wanted to keep it, they paid me £1200 & I got it fixed for £600 :D

Same with me but mine wasnt wrote off just cosmetic but still wanted to write it off, i refused and they fixed it, was a few years ago tho

PC-PLOD
24-12-2011, 16:50
Result, stood my ground with insurance company ,not mine may i add t hird parties and low and behold they are going to repair it they the insurance company say they can get the parts required i e the rear quarter panel and door, i await the result but well happy best xmas present ive had .

stevie_b
24-12-2011, 22:31
Great news. Glad it will live on! Happy Christmas

PC-PLOD
05-01-2012, 17:15
Well the news i was expecting repairer rang to say that they are having "difficulties" obtaining the required parts and that car could be with them for sometime they have a door ,inner wing, side moulding, williams decal and williams kick plate but the rear quarter panel is proving difficult still as im not paying for it and i have a nice not new corsa courtisy car im quite prepared to wait. also having the bonnet resprayed at same time if and when i getrit back it will be like new

C3 WLM
05-01-2012, 19:49
This may work. Can anyone tell if this is the right panel, ie 16v / Williams

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270765092073?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

p4cks
05-01-2012, 19:56
It's the ride panel for a Williams I suspect, however not for PC-PLOD who needs a driver's side, unfortunately.

C3 WLM
05-01-2012, 20:10
Ah damn, is it definitely the correct panel, if so I might buy it.

FATBOY
05-01-2012, 22:30
doesnt look like a williams/valver panel?? arch doesnt look flared enough??

lkcio86
06-01-2012, 09:29
Agree, definitely doesnt look flared enough to come from a williams/valver, although there is always photograph trickery so i would ask the seller for piece of mind!!

PC-PLOD
15-01-2012, 19:53
well i got it back and fair play its stunning all renault parts used including the decales and kick plate paint is excellant completely painted one side and i had bonnet done as well out of curiosity i asked what it cost they told me in excess of £1400 glad the nhs are paying fpr it will post some pictures when i get chance