PDA

View Full Version : Williams got keyed last night :(

luk3matth3ws
12-12-2011, 15:36
The williams has been keyed for second time in two days, ****ing scum. The whole way down my freshly painted rear quarter and almost the whole legnth of the roof. Needless to say, i am pretty ****ing pissed off.

I wont be wasting my time speaking to the police as they are a total joke and have never been able to help me (stolen motorbikes, tools, etc.) and i am highly unlikely to catch whoever did this as i live near a very busy road and cycle path.

Luckily, it is not as bad as i have seen on some other cars and can barely be felt with a fingernail, have had a go at polishing some of it out with some AG SRP and it has made it slightly better, i know its difficult without seeing the damage obviously but does anyone recommend anything else that might help?

ThRaXaIR
12-12-2011, 17:38
wankers. im sorry to hear that buddy, i'd be devastated if that happened to my cars. :(

FM696269
12-12-2011, 17:43
if youre experienced with wetflatting you could get some P2000/P2500/P3000 and just lightly wetsand all along the scratches. if it aint penetrated the laquer into the basecoat, then with patience you can wetsand it all out.

then either buff it up by hand with some cutting compound ( i reccommend fareclas G3) or use a polishing machine

if it has penetrated the laquer and into the basecoat then doing this wont remove it completely, but itll make it look an awful lot better and in some cases unseeable unless you get really up close to it

sorry to hear btw! not nice with christmas around the corner

MG1980
12-12-2011, 18:15
The williams has been keyed for second time in two days, f***king scum. The whole way down my freshly painted rear quarter and almost the whole legnth of the roof. Needless to say, i am pretty f***king pissed off.

I wont be wasting my time speaking to the police as they are a total joke and have never been able to help me (stolen motorbikes, tools, etc.) and i am highly unlikely to catch whoever did this as i live near a very busy road and cycle path.

Luckily, it is not as bad as i have seen on some other cars and can barely be felt with a fingernail, have had a go at polishing some of it out with some AG SRP and it has made it slightly better, i know its difficult without seeing the damage obviously but does anyone recommend anything else that might help?

Sorry to hear that dude! Vandalism is the most mindless and pointless crime out there. If I lived closer I'd offer to go looking for the little scumbags with you!

talkingfish
12-12-2011, 19:34
If it's not too bad any professional detailer should be able to return it to it's former glory... it may cost you around £300 for a full detail but that's a lot cheaper than a respray!! Sorry to hear - there's too many mindless twats about these days... :(

luk3matth3ws
12-12-2011, 19:39
[quote=luk3matth3ws] If I lived closer I'd offer to go looking for the little scumbags with you!

yeah i've reason to believe its a bunch of stupid ****ing kids who kicked everyones mirrors off a few months ago but it could be absolutely anyone.

copied from CS

"I once watched a story on crimestoppers a few years ago a bloke who had his porsche boxster keyed so many times that he decided to do something about it and set up a cctv camera looking at when it was parked outside his house on the side of the road.

He and the police were sure it would be youths in the area doing it for a buzz

To his astonishment the cctv caught the culprit a few days after the camera was rigged up.

It was an elderly little old man walking a dog and casually ran across it with a screwdriver as he walked past.

Just shows that any random person gets a high from other peoples misery!! "

Jamie.
13-12-2011, 00:09
Gutting

Any pics of damage ?

luk3matth3ws
13-12-2011, 10:37
struggling to get any with my crappy phone camera