PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of a williams owner

fabulicious
09-12-2011, 18:38
11am got a call from Reno. Your OE standard silencer is in stock, sir.
Happy days I say to myself. "I'll be over in an hour to collect it".
Double checked with him that they did indeed send the williams silencer with the "open hook" on the elbow. Yes. This is the exhaust for your car, he replies. Excellent I say and off I go to Reno.
I arrive. Ask for parts and out comes the rear box.
"Looks Different", I say to him. Double check the number. It is correct, 6001025876, came straight from Reno UK.
Ah well maybe they have improved on the old one.

Now the shape is good in that it fits correctly inside the heat sheild and the tailpipe is nice and shiny and angled correctly.

So off I go home to fit it.
What a doddle to fit and there I was saying to myself..screw pattern parts, screw SS custom exhausts. I was happy as a pig in shit!

All connected up and sealed well at the joins. couple of tightening of the clamps and she's ready to be fired up and let the exhaust paste seal tight.

Luvely juvely..everything appears good.no leaks at the joins, well clear of the rear beam,nice sweet note from the exhaust etc etc.

But wait whats that drop of water doing on the rear silencer!! Right at the seam welded part of the rear silencer the MUTHER FUKIN EXHAUST is LEAKING :evil:

so there you have it to all you wannabe Williams restoration peeps. It takes the patience of a saint!

northy
12-12-2011, 09:32
:headbutt:

pictures !!!!

fabulicious
12-12-2011, 13:59
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b300/fabtrader/DSC03310.jpg