PDA

View Full Version : :D

Wobba
18-11-2011, 15:40
I luv my Williams :D

It's just blowing me away at the moment. Happeh happeh!

16v_paddy
18-11-2011, 15:43
In that case I'll keep hold of that gearbox I'm collecting for you & fit it to my car kthnxbai :D

Coops
18-11-2011, 16:09
love it when theres a happy camper on board :-)

i thrashed the 172 this morning and felt a little grin spread over my face!

ThRaXaIR
18-11-2011, 16:32
Good boy, bout time you just enjoyed! x

Willbee
18-11-2011, 16:46
Great stuff, makes all the work, time and money worthwhile!?

As of Monday I'll be able to have a decent thrash for the first time in my Williams.

Just had:

-Front subframe bolts replaced and tightened.
-Small weld patch that needed doing.
-New front discs & pads.
-New Clutch.
-New Clutch cable.
-Clutch Fork Pivot Bush thingy replaced.
-Starter Motor refurbed.

A fairly big bill but at least I am not going to have the subframe issues/worries anymore when piling into corners!
:D

fabulicious
19-11-2011, 16:56
Nice to read your a happy camper with the car Wobbalicious. :D

Have to say I have been enjoying the forum this past while more than the car at the moment.
Having mechanical issue's is no fun.

Its all good so to speak!

luk3matth3ws
19-11-2011, 21:08
love driving mine, always puts a smile on my face!

Wobba
21-11-2011, 10:54
Thanks guys :D

Even the 4th gear synchro seems to have gotten better since I adjusted the gears the other day (its still a bit stiff though).

The suspension setup is far from ideal but it gives some really nice feedback in the bends now, and I've set the dampers quite soft for the shitty weather which makes it more fun and easier to live with despite the 500lb front springs :lol:

It's going to be hard not driving it everyday to work anymore. It's 100% reliable and so quick! The best bit is the noise though ;)

dkrevs
21-11-2011, 17:23
Great to hear you're satisfied Wobba! :D

chip
21-11-2011, 18:14
Gave mine a couple of good pastings over the weekend and other than the fact my new super dooper lightweight tiny alternator doesnt seem to put enough charge in on short journeys (had to call my dad with jump leads, lol) its just fantastic fun and am properly loving it.

Shame its about to become winter, but its nice when you can put it away knowing that its ready for the first trackday of next year with nothing much needed to do first :)

stevie_b
21-11-2011, 18:50
Glad you are enjoying it. I'm looking forward to using mine next year - should get something done on it over the winter I hope.

Wobba
22-11-2011, 10:27
Yay, Yes, good to know there isn't too much to solve before next years track days. Gearbox is it for me and that won't be too hard :D

Stevie!!!! Get it done mate! I need to test those 208's it for you :D

stevie_b
22-11-2011, 17:15

I'm just flat out with other things all the time :-( If I'm not working or doing stuff with the kids I have been sorting stuff out on the garage! Whilst fitting ceilings I found it had woodworm infestations in the beams so have had to brush treatment onto all of the wood - probably about 2000 sq foot of it in all. Then the roof is not exactly 'square' so each piece of 8x4 needs cutting to the unique size, plus a few coats of paint, acrow propping up into position and then screwing into place. I don't know exactly how many hours I have spent on it now, but it is in the hundreds! Still, the end is in sight so I have set myself a target of having it finished by Christmas and since there are only six panels left to do now I am pretty confident I'll achieve it by then. Once that is done, since the next lot of 'house' jobs is mainly outside and off the agenda over the winter months it should be 'car' tinkering all the way until Spring then ;-)

Wobba
23-11-2011, 10:43

I'm just flat out with other things all the time :-( If I'm not working or doing stuff with the kids I have been sorting stuff out on the garage! Whilst fitting ceilings I found it had woodworm infestations in the beams so have had to brush treatment onto all of the wood - probably about 2000 sq foot of it in all. Then the roof is not exactly 'square' so each piece of 8x4 needs cutting to the unique size, plus a few coats of paint, acrow propping up into position and then screwing into place. I don't know exactly how many hours I have spent on it now, but it is in the hundreds! Still, the end is in sight so I have set myself a target of having it finished by Christmas and since there are only six panels left to do now I am pretty confident I'll achieve it by then. Once that is done, since the next lot of 'house' jobs is mainly outside and off the agenda over the winter months it should be 'car' tinkering all the way until Spring then ;-)

Well, that's great work there, well done!

Next time I am nearby, I will come and inspect your handiwork :D

stevie_b
24-11-2011, 09:35
Next time I am nearby, I will come and inspect your handiwork :D

Sure, always welcome to drop in mate if you are passing by or just need somewhere to stay in the area. I'll stick some pictures up in my garage thread on here when I'm done anyway. Did another panel last night, so now down to only 5 left to do! I think my 'run rate' is just under one a week recently so I guess it could be tight to finish for my deadline. Last night was the first night I felt cold in there too, so that may reduce my enthusiasm a bit.

Wobba
24-11-2011, 11:20
Lol thanks mate :D

Best get some heating in there for when I come to stay then!

How is the wiring going??

northy
24-11-2011, 11:35
have you got it fixed now wobba?

What new car have you bought for daily use

Wobba
24-11-2011, 12:09
have you got it fixed now wobba?

What new car have you bought for daily use

Nothing yet!

I am honestly considering a bicycle! The traffic is just worse and worse where I live. I'd love another Series McRae Impreza though, but I would find it hard to leave it standard...

I've not sorted everything but it is all under control and the niggles it has are all known to me so I can just fix them at my leisure.

Gearbox needs swapping out to my spare JC5 and be checked/rebuilt. It's not that bad though tbh! Geometry needs doing. Bodyshop, fit and paint rear panel and sort othe rust, and headlight dashboard bulb has blown...the rest is groovy! It has more than enough power for a road car of that size.

stevie_b
25-11-2011, 13:11
Gearbox is it for me and that won't be too hard :D

Are you able to easily swap the diff over from the current box to the replacement?

Best get some heating in there for when I come to stay then!

The house is very cosy, so don't worry about that! It is only the unheated barns/garage that gets cold, and I do have a gas space heater I can use in there if it was really bad and I wanted to get something done.

How is the wiring going??

Do you mean in the garage or in the car? Garage is all done bar one more strip light that I will wire in once the panels for that section are screwed on. The car I have not touched at all - figured that is a good 'winter job' to sit out there with a multimeter and wire cutters one evening (well, lots of evenings required probably)

I am honestly considering a bicycle!

Good call. I use mine every day. Saves worrying about leaving a car left in the station car park all day for me as you know the wear and tear on the bodywork that can attract! It's not really the ideal time of year to start biking though - it's pretty tough from now on for a good few months but I console myself that the cars benefit from being tucked up in the dry rather than forced into daily service on salty roads, etc. I'm lucky that there is no real traffic around this way but it does mean that I have to take it very gingerly on untreated country roads when the winter really arrives.

Wobba
28-11-2011, 12:04
I can swap the diff over quite easily I think, the HUGE nut that secures it could be a special tool job though! Not sure, but I think I will send the diff and box off together to be checked over properly. I'll use an OEM diff for now...*gulp*...

Wiring up your car will be a fun job :D I am sure you will make a tidy job if it though :p

Bicycle, yes, hmmm....maybe I will leave it to around April...!!

stevie_b
29-11-2011, 20:25
Wiring up your car will be a fun job :D I am sure you will make a tidy job if it though :p

I made a start at the weekend as I wanted to move the car so had a go at working out the main swtich and starter connections (remember I had to cut off the ignition switch at the RR day as I lost my key en route!) and to my surprise it fired up really easily - took me a few batteries worth of charge to get it going last time, so that's good after standing for so long. I think I'm going to get a sheet of ply or something and mount each of the switches on there as I go along to keep them organised and then at the end I'll arrange them into the layout I want (once I have seen what kind of switches I end up with and how many) and then do a final installation in a sheet of carbon or ally or something.

Bicycle, yes, hmmm....maybe I will leave it to around April...!!

This morning was much milder, but Monday was rather cold - heavy frost. Still, biking it saved having to scrape ice off the windscreen so there are some upsides. :lol:

Wobba
02-12-2011, 11:15
Well done! Nice sheet of carbon would be good fer teh switches ;)

This morning here was bloody freezing, car was badly iced up. It's a sight to behold and hear though as it burbles away during the pre-drive warm up, steam pouring if it in the cold morning sunshine.

Awesomes.