PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood 4 pot 285mm Big Brake Kit

Jamie Summers
14-11-2011, 11:49
Hi,
Can anyone advise a good place to buy the Wilwood Big Brake kit to go on a Mk1 Cup ?

thanks,

Jamie

diditno
18-12-2011, 07:12
ive had this set up. tbh dont bother just go for a good pad disc combo. it may have been because there wasnt much in the way of pads to chose for them when i had them but i was very dissapointed with them.

robi1000
18-12-2011, 12:13
You get what you pay for (I learned this the hard way)! If you want decent 4 pot brakes choose something like Alcon, AP Racing, Brembo,...

16v_paddy
18-12-2011, 13:12
ive had this set up. tbh dont bother just go for a good pad disc combo. it may have been because there wasnt much in the way of pads to chose for them when i had them but i was very dissapointed with them.

Sorry Steve but you're so wrong it hurts :lol: those wilwoods I got off you are the best thing I've ever bought for my car, even better than the itb's.
I abused tose brakes for a solid hour going round castle combe, it was only after a full hour that I boiled the brake fluid :P

I believe the OP wants them for actual races of a reasonable length of time so they'd be ideal.

PM cliolord as he has a set for sale :wink: As for the 285mm bit, I believe discs are a PITA to find so you'd be better off going for 172 discs.
The calipers cliolord has are a direct fit for std size discs, you'd need to get a bracket made to accommodate bigger discs, this is something I want to do on my car when the brakes need replacing

Red Cloud
18-12-2011, 17:26
Hi,
Can anyone advise a good place to buy the Wilwood Big Brake kit to go on a Mk1 Cup ?

thanks,

Jamie

Rally design do the pads, discs, rotas and calipers. Plus all the rebuild kits.

cliokongen
18-12-2011, 19:58
The Willwoods works perfectly even with the standard discs. The most important is to find pads suited for your specific needs.

I have never had my Willwoods fade or give up - which is probably more due to the pads and fluid used.

M

volymmannen
27-12-2011, 00:10
The Willwoods works perfectly even with the standard discs. The most important is to find pads suited for your specific needs.

I have never had my Willwoods fade or give up - which is probably more due to the pads and fluid used.

M
or that you use the gas instead of the brake :D