PDA

View Full Version : 19 wide track conversion

whitneyd
08-11-2011, 10:04
Are the arms on the 19s all the same or is there a model that I should be looking for? :?: What all would I need from the 19? :?:

dkrevs
08-11-2011, 10:09
Arms are all the same on R19's. Well at least for Ph2 models. All you can use are just wishbones(arms), nothing else.

chip
08-11-2011, 12:33
Thats assuming you are starting with a williams not a valver of course, if you starting with a valver its less trivial.

whitneyd
08-11-2011, 15:04
What's less trivial about the valver? I'm actually starting form a base model.

chip
08-11-2011, 15:14
What's less trivial about the valver? I'm actually starting form a base model.

You need longer driveshafts (or spacers on the standard ones)
You need to either wind the steering track rod ends out or replace the rack (IME my M plate wouldnt wind out enough but our J plate did)
You need to alter the antiroll bar as the valver one is different to williams/r19

16v_paddy
08-11-2011, 23:26
You need to either wind the steering track rod ends out or replace the rack (IME my M plate wouldnt wind out enough but our J plate did)

Were the track rod ends different between the 2? Some valvers come with male track rod ends & some with female so I'm thinking only 1 of them can be wound out enough, which type was it on yours that wound out enough?

chip
09-11-2011, 00:38

Were the track rod ends different between the 2? Some valvers come with male track rod ends & some with female so I'm thinking only 1 of them can be wound out enough, which type was it on yours that wound out enough?

It female ends that didnt wind out enough, the ones with the slot cut down them.
They would have worked, but with them being slotted I wasnt happy with the amount of purchase, if they were solid it wouldnt have been so bad.

Im sure there must be a longer end available that sovles the problem but I never bothered looking into it.

chip
09-11-2011, 00:40
*it was* that should have started

cunting edit button!

16v_paddy
09-11-2011, 01:07
:lol:

Not sure if there's a longer end available but one might be able to find out with a bit of measuring & some research :-k

Or there's the option of using a williams track rod which I might try on mine over the winter

zmaster2k
09-11-2011, 08:02
I'm using a 1.9 diesel manual rack and column on mine.. Rods are wound out but there is still plenty left.

dkrevs
09-11-2011, 19:20
I researched a lot about this, but haven't found any longer track rod ends, so I changed the track rods.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41724&highlight=widetrack