PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Were can i get new bolts for the rear shocks?

will.i.am.s2
07-11-2011, 18:36
Hi all, bit of an emergency here :(

Iv Attempted to fit my koni suspension on the rear today and have found the bolts that came of the williams are either wrong for the shocks ive got or the centre of the shock rubber has corroded on to the thread. The konis have a metal sleeve in the middle of the rubber so i cant fit the old bolts in the hole . The one koni shock had a bolt with it that was correct so ive got one side on but the car is now stuck up on axle stands.

Anyone know were i can get new ones from? Im on about the top bolt which has a nut either end.

sideways danny
07-11-2011, 21:33
I've a vague memory of using a headbolt to replace a corroded one of these a while back. May ever still be on my car.

I would just go to a fasteners company and buy a 12.9 high tensile bolt and nut of the right length and size. Take the original and the new shock with you for referencing the hole size and the bolt length

will.i.am.s2
07-11-2011, 21:42
Thanks danny will do tomorrow :wink:

will.i.am.s2
09-11-2011, 19:05
Went to the local renault dealership in the end, 1 day wait and cost £8.20 :)

Coops
10-11-2011, 11:04
points for going genuine, but a tenner and a days wait? no thanks! 20p from the local bolts place for me!!:lol:

Wobba
10-11-2011, 11:12
I've got a bunch of those bolts here somewhere in my attic. Handy to have I guess.

will.i.am.s2
10-11-2011, 20:32
I trecked all over town and no luck finding anything that i would trust using from the bolts places, especialy with my driving.

The Konis are on now andim more than happy, i wasnt to fussed about the wait as it was dark by the time i had finished hunting the illusive bolt, It took me approx 15 mins to change the shock the next morning :D

Now for the front shocks to be re-painted & a slight fabrication before they go on.