PDA

View Full Version : helix clutch issue/question

diditno
02-11-2011, 20:23
the the turbo im running a helix 215mm organic clutch and pressure plate. it has no slipping what so ever, but and its a big but, its a pain in the arse when pulling away almost as if it's like having a paddle clutch fitted. has anyone got one of these fitted that could tell me if they have the same issue. what im toying with doing is fitting the original pressure plate back to it. would this make the clutch lighter to use or would it just allow it to slip?. or could it be a stuffed peddle rachet? any info is welcome. thanks

16v_paddy
02-11-2011, 20:30
Measure how far the clutch fork moves when you press the pedal to rule out the ratchet mechanism, should be between 17-21mm

diditno
02-11-2011, 20:32
will do, cheers paddy.

2 live
02-11-2011, 21:56
i had 1 in 0051 mate. fantastic for hard launches and full throttle changes. pain in the arse for sitting in traffic tho, guess thats just one of their drawbacks. im surprised it can handle the torque tho tbh. thought they were only good for bout 170 lb/ft or something like that. the press plate off the std clutch should be fine tho tbh.

tutuur
05-11-2011, 10:09
how much power are you running diditno?
i'm building myself a low boost 2.0 but can't decide wether i need a paddle or organic...

Coops
05-11-2011, 13:09
when you say its like a paddle clutch, in what way? snatchy?

the snatchyness is all down to the pressure plate springs, i ran paddle centre with standard cover and it was like a normal clutch.....but it slipped!lol!

banged the correct cover plate on and it got snatchier, although i dont find it too bad. pretty sure the paddle and organic helix kit covers are the same, hence the snatchyness

i can't guarantee that it wont slip if you notch the cover down however, it must be on the limit as is with the organic friction plate, clamp it less hard and it'll probably slip, even in larger 215mm flavour!

diditno
05-11-2011, 13:43
i think ill have to put up with it for the time being. tutur its only on 260flb at the mo. that was with a slipping clutch , but im seriously thinking of going down the vag gearbox route. just working out prices atm

tutuur
07-11-2011, 12:49
Take a look at cliosport.net in the gearbox/mechanical section mate! Chris (Scoff) is willing to make a custom kit.

Includes adaptor from block to gearbox. Flywheel with Renault pattern & custom driveshafts for around 1k...

I'm going to use a helix paddle with volvo 440 pressure plate. Same setup as James used with around 280hp.

sideways danny
07-11-2011, 13:31
the pressure plate is the biggest part of the upgrade. Change that for standard, and you have a standard clutch.

You need a soft pedal conversion

diditno
07-11-2011, 22:21
cheers danny. it does have a soft pedal already.p.s. ill be intouch soon re tappets. as for the scoff gearbox conversion. im in talks with him possibly using mine for the templates etc.