PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the bonnet on the Willy

p4cks
29-10-2011, 12:04
Hi chaps,

My bonnet does not sit correctly and thus there is a large gap on the passenger side where it meets the arch panel. How easy is it to adjust the bonnet so that it does fit correctly?

Thanks
Pack

Flan
29-10-2011, 19:16
You can adjust it at the back on the fastening catch. If it's the front. Take the grill out and you can get to the 4 13mm nuts. Losen them and you can move the bonnet arround lots.

andyleep
30-10-2011, 14:30
I cannot get mine right! Tried for about 2 hours but not a prayer! That was about 3 months ago and it still hasn't been sorted :-(

Wobba
31-10-2011, 10:35
As said, taking the grille off can give you access to the 4 nuts that secure the bonnet.

Another adjustment is the wings themselves...

I've taken mine off loads and it's always gone back fine. Last time was the other day with Bass Direct, JayS, 16v Paddy and Matteh at Surrey RR. They just popped it on and job done.

adiclio16v
01-11-2011, 10:48
Yeh you shud just to be able to lob it on and it sit alrite mite just need a tweak where it fits round headlights
can you take a pic where it's not sitting right
also you could sit the bonnet on level ground make sure it's not twisted
adi

northy
01-11-2011, 11:22
one way i have found is to loosen the bolts off (if they still undo) and tighten them a small amount (just so u can still move the bonnet with a bit of force), close the bonnet and pull it to where you want it and carefully lift it up and then tighten the bolt.