PDA

View Full Version : Mallory Park on Wednesday.

Willbee
28-10-2011, 14:34
MR MODERATOR: I tried posting this in off-topic but I'm getting an error message..

I was at Mallory Park on Wednesday on a testday morning. Lots of nice cars on track, mostly singleseaters, a 250F Maserati, a late 70s F1 car and a very nicely restored GT40. I was in my Radical Prosport, sharing a pit with a mate in his Radical SR8 (500hp Suzuki Hayabusa engine, which is two busa heads joined to a custom block to make a V8!).

I had good fun on the wets on a wet but drying track. However mid way through the session I was coming up behind the GT40 and already my nose was almost half way along the right side his car and could have easily got the job done on the brakes before the hairpin. Then without any warning, rhyme, or reason, the GT40 driver decided to take a sudden right swerve to end up in a totally unauthodox line into the bend. I had to stamp on my brakes as hard as I could to avoid a collision and ended up skating along at 45 degrees cm from the corner of his car. VERY CLOSE! I was very close having a few choice word with him in the pits later but I managed to hold back.

schakal
28-10-2011, 16:07
the error message is because you take over a certain amount of time to type the message before you click "submit" . Its one of many quirks of this website .

Always copy your long messages on the mouse before firing away :wink:

Willbee
28-10-2011, 16:19
Ah I see, I'll be a bit more snappy in the future!