PDA

View Full Version : Doing my nut.

sclark2604
28-10-2011, 13:33
This is really doing my nut.

I've got the issue of when i go above 4 grand my idle wont go below 2K.

I've changed the speedo and earthed it and have checked for air leaks and have now changed the ISCV and am pulling my hair out trying to work out how to sort it. :x :x .

I've thought of taking it to reanult but am worried they wont know what it is a end up getting a big bill for nothing.

Any advise.

Thanks

schakal
28-10-2011, 13:37
spray some (liberally) wd40 down where inlet manifold mates the cylinder head .
if this does drop the idle down to 1500 rpm , you have a leak at the inlet manifold gasket .

sclark2604
28-10-2011, 16:37
I have tried all that, check everywhere there could be a leak.

sclark2604
01-11-2011, 13:51
i've had enough its off to renualt....... :x :x :x :x

McPikie
01-11-2011, 15:09
Not just a sticky throttle flap/cable?

fabulicious
01-11-2011, 20:52
i've had enough its off to renualt....... :x :x :x :x
did this myself and got nowhere with them.changed even an ECU.Last on my list of things is a throttle cable.after that the only thing i can think of is the speedo crown in the gearbox is throwing a fit at the cable and therefore ECU reads an error from the speed sensor.
But do get back and let us know how they sorted it as it should be made a BIG sticky!

sclark2604
06-11-2011, 16:13
Right....

It has been in to Renault and they have had it plug in to there gadgets and they gave me a list of might be's and you could try, basicaly telling me to do what i have already done and have tried..... :x :x :x .

In summary Reanult don't know S@+$....

And now i have a new problem, Since the speedo i replaced was second hand and didn't work i thought i would just get a new one. But now its fitted the speedo still don't work. I have checked with renualt and its defo the right 1.

Is all the williams boxes the same as other clio's or williams pacifc. and how do i tell if its the right 1 for the car.

Please help a very stressed out williams owner.

schakal
06-11-2011, 16:34
Right....

It has been in to Renault and they have had it plug in to there gadgets and they gave me a list of might be's and you could try, basicaly telling me to do what i have already done and have tried..... :x :x :x .

In summary Reanult don't know S@+$....

And now i have a new problem, Since the speedo i replaced was second hand and didn't work i thought i would just get a new one. But now its fitted the speedo still don't work. I have checked with renualt and its defo the right 1.

Is all the williams boxes the same as other clio's or williams pacifc. and how do i tell if its the right 1 for the car.

Please help a very stressed out williams owner.

Who fitted the new cable ?
Are you sure its correctly pushed in to the gearbox end ??

To check the above , remove cable from dials end , drive
in 1st / 2nd and observe the inner cable spin .

sclark2604
06-11-2011, 18:22
I fitted it myself and push it in as far as i could. on the original the end was bodged to fit and had the end taken off for some reason.

There is also no pulling power in 4th or 5th even if your giving it the beans which made me wounder if its the wrong box..???

Tell me if i'm wrong though.

fabulicious
06-11-2011, 19:10
There should be a red/silver label on the top of the box (follow the coolant expansion bottle downwards) and you wont miss it. Tell us what the numbers are on it.
As schaks said make sure it is plugged in correctly. You will almost feel it clip into place.
What else did they(reno) suggest trying?

sclark2604
06-11-2011, 19:54
It says JB3064

Renault said

speedo - done
iscv - done
earth speedo - done
check earth's - done

also said all the sensors have normal readings.

Just a thought, is the top of the white piece supose to be flush with the box were the speedo goes in, just noticed its sitting about 1cm out.

fabulicious
06-11-2011, 20:10
Williams gearbox's are JC5. That code seems to indicate a R9/R11 or very small engined clio.
I can tell you there is no doubt in my mind that this high idle issue (when going over 4K or so) that is plaguing some people, is a gearbox issue.

sclark2604
06-11-2011, 20:16
AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

With that done.....has anybody got a gear box for sale... :cry: :cry:

fabulicious
06-11-2011, 20:31
JC5S09 is the gearbox code to order from Reno. They are refurbed. I will be going to route when I get a job :)

sclark2604
06-11-2011, 20:37
Just done a google.

Its of a PH3 clio 1.8 8v or 1.9 D

Thanks fabulicious for ya help.