PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone assist in Lancashire with an engine crane/stand?

theweekendhaslanded
26-10-2011, 09:23
I will be taking the engine out of my Williams shortly and I was hoping that one of my fellow Williams enthusiasts in the Lanacshire area would have an engine crane and possibly an engine stand that I could use?

Help keep the Willy on the road :D

Alan.

2 live
26-10-2011, 12:26
where bouts u at mate? i have a hoist but another club member has it at the mo. when you wanting it for?

theweekendhaslanded
26-10-2011, 15:29
where bouts u at mate? i have a hoist but another club member has it at the mo. when you wanting it for?

Hi buddy. I'm in Warton just outside Preston. I could do with getting the engine out in the next 2 weeks. Great if you can help - Obviously I only need it for a day and the same probably next year when it goes back in - any help will be mucho appreciated.

Alan.

northy
26-10-2011, 16:35
carnt you take it out the bottom without a crane and lift the car above it ?

Markic
26-10-2011, 16:56
We used to take the engine of the 5 gt turbo out that way ;)

theweekendhaslanded
26-10-2011, 20:08

I had a discussion with Mr Brown and he suggested its easier lifting it out. I'm open to suggestions - What is the easiest or best way of getting it out?

northy
27-10-2011, 12:07
If you have a engine crane its easier to take it out the top.

But if you dont have a crane then its not easy lol.

Mat has a engine crane - you do not.

To save getting one over to you - take it out the bottom with 2 jacks.

Take subframe off, then lower the car to the ground or what ever you are resting the engine on, loosen off the engine mounts and jack the car up over the top of the engine and pull the engine clear.

Simples.