PDA

View Full Version : Willies big brother.

Wobba
25-10-2011, 14:43
I think it will look at home next to Willy :)

http://www.playtoymotorsport.com/images/events_riponian_1.jpg

Wobba
25-10-2011, 14:50
Not actually bought one yet but I may do soon...

northy
25-10-2011, 15:13
DO IT !

U got the williams sorted out now then after its bump ?

Wobba
25-10-2011, 17:18
DO IT !

U got the williams sorted out now then after its bump ?

It's going to the bodyshop very soon. They have a complete new rear quarter for me there in storage. Other side is being sorted as well as it is starting to rust badly and a bunch of other parts of the car too, like a door and removal of dents etc.

I used to have a Series McRae Impreza. I loved it, and two cars which are the same colour is kinda funny :)

Coops
25-10-2011, 19:31
someones paying you too much wobbanory ;-)

ThRaXaIR
25-10-2011, 20:05
Far too much Wobdog... ;)

stevie_b
25-10-2011, 20:48
Perfect car for the winter months!

Wobba
26-10-2011, 09:59
You guys, you CAN'T be paid too much, sillies :)

Stevie, that's what I am thinking! Even if I do decide to be sensible and get a boring car, it will probably be 4wd anyway.

16v_paddy
26-10-2011, 11:13
Even if I do decide to be sensible and get a boring car, it will probably be 4wd anyway.

Now I know why you mentioned a V70R on fb the other night :lol:

stevie_b
26-10-2011, 20:13
You got me flicking through the classifieds again... It looks like you get quite a lot for your money these days, but I bet there are some right dogs around too (they are getting on a bit now after all), but if you had a Series McRae before then at least you will know what you are looking at. There is quite a nice RB5 I noticed for sale on Pistonheads for just £3.5k, but it doesn't match the colour of the Willy though. It does have a numbered plaque just like the Willy though, so some similarities... :lol:

Wobba
26-10-2011, 23:06
Even if I do decide to be sensible and get a boring car, it will probably be 4wd anyway.

Now I know why you mentioned a V70R on fb the other night :lol:

Aye lol. The V70 AWD R is something different too, which is what I like :)

Stevie, for the money there are some really nice cars. I must not let myself go down the mad modifying route though as I want a car that's less mental to drive daily hehe.

16v_paddy
27-10-2011, 01:55
Well if you've got £7,500 to play with there's a lovely CLK55 AMG for sale on PH :droool:

stevie_b
27-10-2011, 08:22
The one that has had half of its interior ripped out? :D Still, probably quite fun for the money. Whilst searching for that one there was some other cheap AMG 55 stuff I came across - E classes and the like under £4k. It seems all cars can start to suffer with rust a bit at that age - even Mercs. If you just need the lips of the wheel arches done on each side what do you reckon that might cost - only a couple of hundred quid a side, or is it more involved than that (like the Willy rear quarter replacement?!) ?

16v_paddy
27-10-2011, 09:04
That's the 1 steve :D

Was talking to my mate down the pub about that car last night, he said got to be something wrong with it for that price & I mentioned the lack of interior, he went eurgh so I slapped him :lol:

IIRC there's quite a lot of mercs that suffer with rust due to a massive batch of cheap crap metal they used to cut costs or something like that

chip
27-10-2011, 10:52
I like subarus, much better platform than an evo ultimately IMHO

They get a bad name cause there are so many couple of grand to buy ones driven by chavs etc, but the reality is that they are awesome cars if properly looked after, and the potential is limitless.

The gobstopper is a perfect example of how far you can go with them.

stevie_b
27-10-2011, 17:21
I mentioned the lack of interior, he went eurgh so I slapped him :lol:

I think on a car like that though it could have been done a bit more nicely. Seats with AMG stitched on them would have been a nice touch (think that is what the Black series has) rather than the obvious aftermarket look. And I would probably have felted over the bare rear where the seats came out just to tidy it up a bit. The console where the gearstick is could also have been finished off a bit better, rather than just leaving it swooping up with the underneath exposed. There is still quite a lot of weight to come out (possibly airbags under the door cards, which they have left in). It sort of looks like they started the job but didn't finish - it should have all been completely stripped or it should have just had some major items removed but left looking tidy, IMO.

I like subarus, much better platform than an evo ultimately IMHO

They get a bad name cause there are so many couple of grand to buy ones driven by chavs etc, but the reality is that they are awesome cars if properly looked after, and the potential is limitless.

There was a period where they were very chavvy, but that seems to be passing now. I can't remember the last time I saw a 'classic' on the roads around here. I have often hankered after a TME Evo but I think the Subaru has even that licked on character - I can't imagine ever parting with mine (especially at these cheap prices!)