PDA

View Full Version : First question to you all

H4RRY
18-10-2011, 00:12
Hi everyone!

I've just signed up after buying my first Williams at the weekend. I was going to post a hello on the newby section but I thought I would kill two points with one post ;)

First of all everyones guides (especially the buying guides which I've read through) look really good, very helpful.

Second of all was it an optional extra to have a sunroof in a williams 1? because the one I've bought, unless I've been totally scammed, is a mk1, L reg, and has an electric sun roof? I didnt think anything of it until I've just read some things saying that only williams 3's have sunroofs, or were they the only ones to have them standard?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Harry

16v_paddy
18-10-2011, 00:54
It may have been retro fitted by 1 of the previous owners

Is it deffo a williams? You can tell by looking at the VIN plate just above the drivers side headlight, should have C57M on there somewhere :wink:

andyleep
18-10-2011, 07:46
Its something that can be done as an extra - my 2 has a sunroof. Crap!

H4RRY
18-10-2011, 08:47
Yeah, that was my guess, it must have been fitted at a later date.

Yeah its definitely a Williams, I checked the VIN and it has the characters, and I did every other I could think of and its a Williams, number 333. And I've got stacks of paperword with it but I haven't found one yet that is for a sunroof!

Thanks guys!

glyn211269
18-10-2011, 22:14
LOL, you will regret that sunroof when it deluges water all over you when you least expect it!!! :-)

H4RRY
18-10-2011, 22:36
ha ha, it already did that... all over my mate who was in the back on the test drive. The whole car needs a bit of work, bought it for a bit of a project