PDA

View Full Version : Well, I was ready for the MOT later this week until.........

Dunc
17-10-2011, 19:34
........i just did my final checks and ended up pulling a chunk of brown crumbly metal from the bottom lip off the sill :shock:

Balls!! I knew they were getting ready to tart up, but I was waiting until next spring when I put my uno turbo on the road and thats when my double goes up too, then was going to get the williams sorted, new sills fitted and then fully resprayed!

I'm in catch 22 as theres no way I'm using my uno turbo through winter, but haven't got time at the mo to sort the williams!!

Hmmmmnmmm.........

Anyone fancy coming round to weld it up for now to are me through til spring lol.

I suppose it serves me right as I have used the car through out the last 2 winters without problems! Maybe it's days of a daily driver are coming to the end.

Dunc

Wobba
18-10-2011, 12:20
Get some pics, its likely you can just get a basic plate welded on to sort it out for now and it will pass MOT.

I've had mine welded at the sill twice now in the same place and it only took 30-50 mins each time. I paid a back hander to a welder after his normal working hours each time.

I am replacing the whole section soon though with an entire new panel.