PDA

View Full Version : Megane; abs+speedo fault

R5lover!
16-10-2011, 14:42
Hey guy's.
Bit of a long shot I know but just thought Id ask incase anyone here ownes a Megane. Its a '99 1.4 16v.
ABS+SERV light are on along with the Speedo not working.
I've checked the resistance in all 4 abs sensors with multimeter&they all changed reading once I turned the hub so their all fine, so just cleaned them all up&connected them back up.
Then came across the fuse box located beside the battery in the skuttle area. Came across a white block connector, wires were corroded so chopped the connector, joined&soldered everything back up. I noticed though that there was one black wire on the connector(Coming from inner loom.... NO.8 on the connector) but there was no wire to correspond on the other end of the connector
Am I missing something here or is this wire meant to do something?

volymmannen
21-10-2011, 09:38
Hey guy's.
Bit of a long shot I know but just thought Id ask incase anyone here ownes a Megane. Its a '99 1.4 16v.
ABS+SERV light are on along with the Speedo not working.
I've checked the resistance in all 4 abs sensors with multimeter&they all changed reading once I turned the hub so their all fine, so just cleaned them all up&connected them back up.
Then came across the fuse box located beside the battery in the skuttle area. Came across a white block connector, wires were corroded so chopped the connector, joined&soldered everything back up. I noticed though that there was one black wire on the connector(Coming from inner loom.... NO.8 on the connector) but there was no wire to correspond on the other end of the connector
Am I missing something here or is this wire meant to do something?

Checked that the abs rings are clean and have no cracks???