PDA

View Full Version : Blown the c.unt up I think

clowo16v
12-08-2005, 23:54
The big ends have been making a quiet noise for the last couple of weeks, and the oil pressure has dropped slightly from normal (was about 4.5 bar on startup when cold rather than 6).

Anyway i've taken it steady to try and prolong it, but driving back from my mates today the oil pressure went about 100yds from my house and it had no power, so i coasted it into the drive.

I'll have a good look tomorrow and do a compression check etc but I think the motors ****ed. Done 98000 miles though, but i'm too skint to fix it :-(. Looks like all my birthday money going on a new engine.

See ya

Matt

Martin
13-08-2005, 00:00
F7R :wink:

MatBrown
13-08-2005, 00:11
I have a spare 2L engine for sale.

Mat.

Martin
13-08-2005, 00:12
ever selling...er I mean being helpfull Mat! lol

MatBrown
13-08-2005, 00:14
:wink:

Mat.

FATBOY
13-08-2005, 00:18
oh so true!!! but this man has everything in williams/valver parts!!! even had them little interior cover discs that go over the boot hinges on the interior above the pacel shelf!!! couldnt believe it when he had one to sell me cos one of them discs was missing!

MatBrown
13-08-2005, 10:51
oh so true!!! but this man has everything in williams/valver parts!!! even had them little interior cover discs that go over the boot hinges on the interior above the pacel shelf!!! couldnt believe it when he had one to sell me cos one of them discs was missing!

Sell!!!

Pretty sure i gave you that for nothing? :wink:

Mat.

clowo16v
13-08-2005, 11:42
How much for the 2 litre? I can get a Megane engine for about £350 so I was gonna do that.

I think the oil pump might have failed, as there was a groaning noise when I turned but the power steering was fine. The oil pressure went down really steadily aswell it didn't just drop straight away.

See ya

Matt

FATBOY
13-08-2005, 11:44

Sell!!!

Mat.
i cant remember mate was a while ago! but thanks for having that part! :D

MatBrown
13-08-2005, 14:02

Sell!!!

Mat.
i cant remember mate was a while ago! but thanks for having that part! :D

Would have got you to send me a SAE.

Mat.

FATBOY
14-08-2005, 01:34
booooooooooooooo mats a money grabbin bastard that charged me £10 for a piece of plastic and got me to to send a SAE as well!!!! lol :D only jokin mate!!!!! i believe it was a SAE in the end! top man!!!!