PDA

View Full Version : Track Driving

Willbee
13-10-2011, 14:41
Williams newbie here.

I may use my car for trackdays and a few sprints once ive given it a good looking over and ironed out any niggles etc.

Do many of you get out on track? It ould be good to have a group outing.

I also run the owners club for the Radical sportscar marque and have organised a few trackdays myself. Taken 40 or so Radicals to Brands/Silverstone etc. Perhaps we could combine for a sessions day.. Williams Clios in one group and Radicals in the other.. That way I can drive in both groups! 8)

Picture of my Radical Prosport beastie attached below :)

Can't wait to get on some B-roads in the Williams though. Always been a big fan (was 11 when it was released) and my name is William, so it just kind of makes sense!

Willbee
13-10-2011, 15:11
and here's a lap in my Radical http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABeei9GtWGo

northy
13-10-2011, 15:25
we last went to Donington in July and i took 34 cars from cliosport and williamsclio.

Any pictures of your williams

Willbee
13-10-2011, 15:41
we last went to Donington in July and i took 34 cars from cliosport and williamsclio.

Any pictures of your williams

Well maybe we can get our heads together sometime and sort out a combined trackday.. My neighbour also runs the renault alpine owners club and was interested in getting something together.

I've just bought the car so havent even had a chance to give it a good clean... Not sure if it's a bag of s*** but time will tell and I'll probably pour a few £s into it to get it in as good shape as poss. I'll get some nice pics done when I've tarted it up a bit.

Interior is absolutely mint apart from the gear knob numbers have faded away. Easy fix. Got some nice new mats on order too.

I wondered if a previous owner was on here.. I noticed a username FAZ so put two and two together..

chip
13-10-2011, 18:20
I do loads of trackdays in my clio (in fact I rarely use it for anything else) and the mrs does a few in her 172, we both enjoy them but its a tame experience compared to driving a radical im sure.

16v_paddy
13-10-2011, 21:07
I'm getting more & more into this track day malarkey in my valver, it's slowly getting to the point where it's going to be used only on track

As for the Radical :droool: