PDA

View Full Version : FSE Power boost valve

Dancliovalver
12-08-2005, 22:47
bought a power boost valver for my clio a few months ago, it made a big difference on the girlfriends Zetec S so thought id give it a try, anyways i dont think it came with all the bits!!
i fitted it all as it should have been but it let a hole on the fuel rail and obviously wen u try turnin it over petrol just pisses out, does anybody have one fitted who can give me some advice please

cheers
Dan :wink:

VIPERONE
12-08-2005, 23:45
nobody has fit one sonce martin "reviewed" it.

i'd ebay it off.

Andy
13-08-2005, 09:18
martins car was slower with one on and a pain to get off at york lol

Dancliovalver
13-08-2005, 10:37
fair do's bye bye power boost valve, a mates just bought it off me for £20

ive just compaired ma girlfriends to the one i have got and they are identical, so if any1 does buy one, just go for the cheepest one as they all seem to be the same yet they add more on for the bigger car!!

Myers16v
13-08-2005, 14:26
I use an FSE and it make ssuch a difference its amzing, no flat sposts better accleration i would recomend it to anyone. You dont have to put a hole in the fuel rail, but you can if you want. You have to set it right for it to work. i would be more than happy to talk you through the setup.

GET IN BACK OF YOUR MATE !!

:D

BigBoreBri
13-08-2005, 14:31
Ive never really got this? Unless your running some vast higher power output its not like fuel starvation should be a issue...

So why the need for an external fuel pressure reg. :?

Myers16v
13-08-2005, 15:00
Well my car was suffering alittle, so that might have been why it made such a difference. But more fuel and air = Better combustion ? Hence induction kits and such like ?

I an no expert on this so correct me if i am wrong

kj16v
16-08-2005, 20:56
I bought an FSE and then sold it before I'd tried it because everyone said it was no good. Plus I wasn't too impressed when I noticed it said Malpassi on the top! £120 quid for what is probably a modified £30 Malpassi fuel reg?!
If you have flat-spots it's probably because your dizzy cap's on its way out. That's all it was on mine.

The most modern engines are deigned to burn super-duper lean so maybe that's why it had a big difference on the Zetec? Just a guess.

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 21:36
I am the United Kingdom Ecotek Rep

Myers16v
16-08-2005, 22:58
Nope, car runs better with it. My car is highly modified cams etc and it does work. Might not work on a standard engine, but why put an induction kit on it then ? same thing but air instead of fuel.

VIPERONE
16-08-2005, 23:54
myers , there crap.. weigh it in for scrap metal,

Myers16v
17-08-2005, 00:47
lol, well i have my own opinion on it, i like it and have been working with engine mods for a while. I need more fuel for my engine otherwise i wont run properly at tick over due to cams etc my ecu is remaped and the feul pump cant cope. I dont want to start an arguement, its pointless. But evertime someone recomends something you seem to have something to say about (mostly bad) you seem like a bit of a know it all.

Dancliovalver
17-08-2005, 09:43
well ive got cams, chip, and a few other bits n bobs so u never know, im gonna try it an c wat i think ill let u all know!!

u33db
17-08-2005, 11:29
lol, well i have my own opinion on it, i like it and have been working with engine mods for a while. I need more fuel for my engine otherwise i wont run properly at tick over due to cams etc my ecu is remaped and the feul pump cant cope. I dont want to start an arguement, its pointless. But evertime someone recomends something you seem to have something to say about (mostly bad) you seem like a bit of a know it all.

But the PBV doesn't really give the engine more fuel...its just a rising rate fuel regulator which means it'll respond quicker than the std unit and increase the pressure in the fuel rail...how much petrol your engine gets is still only determined by the ECU....remapping is the only was round this.

In reality people who notice a difference will do so becuase the higher pressure is compensating for old/worn out components...i.e you've an engine in a poor state to start with. Replacing the worn out bits will give you the same boost and with less hassle/pissing about.

BTW what cams are you running in your motor and what remap do you have that the fuel pump cannot cope with and needs a PBV? My 16v had remap and cams and never had any probs...it was still on the original 12 year old pump...most of the other fast clios on here are the same...

Chris n`nic
17-08-2005, 13:27
I don`t know about the Valvers but I had one on my old 1.2 8v and it made a slight difference but they didn`t set it up. Took it to get RR`d and he had a play and it was much more drivable....didn`t have to change down as much as it seemed to pull better lower down. Although when I was getting mine, my Dads mate had a Valver and he slated it......
Maybe the less power you have the more noticable a slight increase....as Yoda says!
:lol:
Chris

Myers16v
17-08-2005, 20:02
Thanks u33db for making light of the situation, you clearly have good knowlege of engine mods, better than the usual replies.

Here is my cars spec, engine has had a full rebuild, so poor engine is not to blame. Possible Fuel pump as that has not been touched but it worked fine prior to engine mods. Engine was running 122bhp before rebuild and engine mods, its now at 185.4 on the same rollers.

Engine:- 1.8 16v
K&N panel filter,
Full magnex with decat,
4 branch manifold,
Hill Power chip and remap - remapped for a 2nd time by local company
power boost valve
Vernier pullys
Performance leads/plugs and coil
2 litre bottom end
Reprofiled cams
a few other bits i cant remember

Martin
17-08-2005, 20:07
They are crap lol made no difference whatsoever on my cammed williams with headwork...swapped it with 2live for a stnd jobby. Good for nothing imo...if you have a proper re-map!

J o n
17-08-2005, 20:21
agree with Martin, my car came with one on... mechanic took it off at my request, it didn't seem to make any difference for what it's worth... no idea if it was setup properly or at all tho...

Myers16v
17-08-2005, 22:56
i give up, lol :lol: