PDA

View Full Version : Suspension??

Willy2l
05-10-2011, 10:54
Hi mates!!

I have had fitted in my willy a GrN suspension for more than 12 years, but I´m fed up of it. They are bilstein top GrN and they have a big problem, maintenance. They are not watertight, so you have to take them off to clean them quite often (it is supposed after every race, but mine is a street car so I had to it quite often, with cost in time and money)
Now I have seen some rust on them, so they have to be changed.

I am loking for something similar in performance and with no maintenance (watertight). at the moment I have seen this options in K-tecracing, but I don´t know how good they are.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1373&appid=1

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=591&appid=1

Do you know any other good brand? I have checked bilstein but there´s nothing similar for Willys, you have more options for 16V.

I am also considering the option of coming back to the standard suspensión, what do you think? I have not really driven with the standard one, so I don´t know if I´d find the car completely different (I´m sure It would be more comfortable, for sure :lol: , but what about its handling and performance)

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

regards

ThRaXaIR
05-10-2011, 18:20
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42757

Willy2l
06-10-2011, 09:39
Thanks ThRaXaIR,

I hadn´t seen that post, after reading it I already know there are better places to buy (almost cheaper places) and that Fks seems a better option. Thanks.

But I don´t know if there are any other options or if the Fk works well after some years.

Any experience??

Thanks a lot!!!

ThRaXaIR
06-10-2011, 12:53
Im not an expert but i will be buying the FK's as 2 people have now told me the GAZ ones are rubbish.

but that is obviously all personal opinion..

Hope that helps. :D

Willy2l
07-10-2011, 00:30
Of course It helps, I already know what not to buy.

I´ll continue looking for information, in case I don´t find something which really worths....I´ll fit the standard ones.

I´ll tell you if I find something else.

Thanks!!!

Wobba
07-10-2011, 09:39
I've heard the GAZ Gold are good, but there s a much higher premium to pay.

My KW V2's are excellent quality. Bit soft dampers though for my liking.

northy
07-10-2011, 10:22
AVO's !

Wobba
07-10-2011, 12:41
I liked my AVO's even though they leaked. Good service to get them repaired as well, and relatively cheap and diverse swappable springs too.

A&P
07-10-2011, 13:14
AVO :wink:

ThRaXaIR
07-10-2011, 21:38
ok then AVO brigade show me where to buy a reasonably priced set of AVO's as im yet to find them..... :P

Wobba
08-10-2011, 11:49
Shame dude, I sold my used pair not long ago. They needed a refurb but were good. I think Laine sold a set too? They do crop up a used buys sometimes is what I am saying, and it' not that expensive to get them an overhaul.

ThRaXaIR
08-10-2011, 13:28
pssh used set i think not. :P did you ever use the big brake conversion you snuffled away from me daniel? ;)