PDA

View Full Version : Williams Decals

Wolfie
27-09-2011, 07:56
As most of you will know I have been distributing the Williams Decals for quite a while. Unfortunately my Decal supplier has ceased trading, leaving me without supply. It took ages for me to find the last supplier and more time sorting the Decals until they were spot on (near as poss!). On that basis I want to pass on the torch of supply.

Is anyone willing to carry them on??? I have one set left that can be used as proofs, I was selling for £15 a set and I reckon if you get them made in a reasonable quantity you should be able to get them made for about a £10 a set. The only thing to watch out for when having them made is to make sure the colour is correct, otherwise the hard work is done......all they have to do is scan them exact size for size.

Let me know as its important that someone carries it on.

Cheers

Grahame

wrighty
27-09-2011, 18:11
Hello,

I regularly use this forum and would be prepared to carry the torch if it means I can help others out.

Do you have any details from your existing supplier available on colours etc they used that I could take to any companies in my search? Fortunately I have a full set of original 2 decals minus the tailgate 2 so could use these too.

Paul

Wolfie
27-09-2011, 18:38
Hi Paul,

OK, by all means carry it on. Regarding colour, no I don't know but the best thing to do is take along your originals and ask for a closest match.

As long as everyone is aware that you intend to carry the torch ill send you the last copy. I did them as a full set, for all three models that way their would be no messing about or ambiguity after sending out.

Ask FATBOY (Paul) and im sure he will sort out a Sticky with details how you want to do it.

PM me your address and ill send out the last set.

Cheers

Grahame

wrighty
27-09-2011, 19:08
HI Grahame,

Currently the first hurdle will be to try and find a good supplier! Taking this on blind so early days yet. I will pm my address shortly thanks. If anyone else is interested or knows of any v good decal companies please do let me know.

Cheers, Paul

manxseven
27-09-2011, 22:14
Good man Paul.

I'll speak to my mate Clive up at M/Lavington, I'm sure he will know who can help.

Cheers,

Simon

wrighty
27-09-2011, 22:18
Simon,

Great stuff! I intend to exploit as many producers (if any found!) as possible and look forward to hearing what you come up with! I hope the collection of decals from Wolfie coupled with my originals should prove a good basis as a guide to any producers.

Lets hope we can keep the source of these items going! Just need someone to get some arches made now!

fasterthanjesus
28-09-2011, 06:03
i bought some off ebay and they werent the right size and the lines were larger than standard.

i would gladly pay double for something closer to the original!

acerimmer
28-09-2011, 07:37
mines in for a respray in the next few months so i defo need a set on me willy 3, let us know how this goes on :D

FATBOY
10-10-2011, 22:03
any news on this lads?

wrighty
10-10-2011, 22:09
Not as yet, had a response from one company which I hope to take further once I have the agreed templates to show them. I also intend to see if they can do the blue infill and have a set of genuine items to take minus the tailgate number.

As soon as I have any updates will keep the forum informed. In the mean time more than happy to pass on contact details to any interested parties.

Cheers, Paul

wrighty
11-10-2011, 20:29
Decals arrived today so will get in touch with the companies I have had responses from and see what they say.

I have a question though, are the number 2's and 3's the same size on the rear as the side panels? Thought the rear were smaller in size?

FATBOY
11-10-2011, 21:04
rear number as well as the WILLIAMS badge is a tiny bit smaller

manxseven
11-10-2011, 21:25
Hi Paul,

Oops forgot about this :oops:

Did speak to Clive and he recommended Signs in Motion in Salisbury

http://www.signsinmotionltd.co.uk/

Do you me to do anything?

Cheers,

Simon

wrighty
11-10-2011, 21:32
As I am regrettably breaking my 2 I will gut the panels to retain the original decals and paint colour to take to prospective companies. I also have a full set (minus rear number 2) of originals to take but don't want these messing up!

Thanks for the pointers Simon, will get in touch with them and see what they say. I have no issues trawling as many places as possible and hopefully negotiating hard to get an acceptable end product keeping price in mind! Are they near to you?

manxseven
11-10-2011, 22:12
Hi Paul,

About 15 miles from me. If you give them a ring, mention my mate Clive Dabinett recommeded them - he is a top bloke.

Cheers,

Simon

p4cks
22-10-2011, 18:08
Any news on these?

wrighty
22-10-2011, 20:45
I now have the forum approved sets and my original set that I hope to get to at least one of the producers I am in touch with next week. Criteria is simple no compromise over originals!!! Rest assured with the constraints of day job, family life I am doing my best to take this forward!

p4cks
23-10-2011, 08:51
I now have the forum approved sets and my original set that I hope to get to at least one of the producers I am in touch with next week. Criteria is simple no compromise over originals!!! Rest assured with the constraints of day job, family life I am doing my best to take this forward!

No problem. I probably speak for everyone in that we appreciate what you are doing.

wrighty
28-11-2011, 19:46
Small update! Seems I have established a possible company that is prepared to have a go at these. The forum sets and my originals are being sent this week so they can make the templates and investigate the options and likely costs.

As soon as I have more details I will post here. Sorry it seems to take sooo long but it is not the easiest task. Fingers crossed that the current maker is all good.

FATBOY
28-11-2011, 20:18
^^^ no probs mate, good things come to those that wait!

wrighty
11-12-2011, 18:44
Small update! Got the first set of samples from the company today:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/Paul_Wright_2007/photo.jpg

They look good and nice smooth blue infill. Slight downside is that they are not metallic so will be going back to suggest that mod if possible. Is the infill the same for 2's and 3's or is it the same as the paint colour codes?

Clearly the ones for the ones will be free of infill.

No costings yet but size and look I think is pretty good!

walters300
11-12-2011, 20:25
is that the original renault decal below? If so they are very good... If you get 3s made i need 3 of them, very good work there fair play to you 8)

MG1980
11-12-2011, 20:38
Absolutely stick me down for a set for Williams 2 buddy. Great work!

Being a novice though, afraid I can't help with the infill difference between the 2 and 3.

wrighty
11-12-2011, 21:17
is that the original renault decal below? If so they are very good... If you get 3s made i need 3 of them, very good work there fair play to you 8)

HI Barry,

No those are the same with the protective paper still on! These are lifted off a set of originals I am lucky enough to have so should be close! I will be speaking with the producer this week and ask if the blue infill can be metallic.

As soon as I get any more updates I will be in touch!

I am keen to determine if anyone knows if the blue infill is the same for the Williams 2 and 3 decals.

FATBOY
11-12-2011, 21:19
as we all know the williams 2 and 3 are diferent colours 449 and 432, and the stickers when ordered from renault do have different order numbers, but when i had an original williams 2 and 3 sticker side by side, i really could not see any difference in the colours??

wrighty
11-12-2011, 21:19

Being a novice though, afraid I can't help with the infill difference between the 2 and 3.

Keep an eye on this thread matey, once I have a set of all items and an idea on costs I will build a shopping list!

MG1980
11-12-2011, 21:28

Keep an eye on this thread matey, once I have a set of all items and an idea on costs I will build a shopping list!

Thanks buddy!

walters300
12-12-2011, 18:22
as fatboy says the w3 and w2 stickers are definitly the same darker coloured blue, i Have one 3 decal somewhere and I will try and find it on the weekend. dont think there metalic either.... renault aint half as particular as us to detail :wink:

MatBrown
12-12-2011, 22:50
Yes they are metallic, and yes they are a different colour infill between the 2's and 3's.

wrighty
12-12-2011, 23:12
Yes they are metallic, and yes they are a different colour infill between the 2's and 3's.

I assume the infill is as near a possible match to the actual paint?

FATBOY
12-12-2011, 23:19
when i had both the original number "2" and "3" sat side by side, the difference was minimal if anything at all?????????

MatBrown
12-12-2011, 23:25

I assume the infill is as near a possible match to the actual paint?

Correct.

walters300
13-12-2011, 00:20
:) I will dig out my original williams 3 decals on the weekend and find the one three ive got somewhere and do a detailed inspection along with the original ones that are still on the car. the ones on the car look darker than the 432 paint and I know they are the originals. this might be down to fading.
Will report back on my findings :wink:

Jaymzfc
19-01-2012, 20:18
Hi are the ones for a willy 1 available.? If yes pls advise.
Tks

p4cks
19-01-2012, 20:54
Are we any closer to getting these sorted?

franksvalver
19-01-2012, 22:38
Very expensive but you can get originals from renault parts direct. Bout 70 quid each if they are worth it for you

p4cks
19-01-2012, 22:50
Very expensive but you can get originals from renault parts direct. Bout 70 quid each if they are worth it for you

I had seen those however I'm willing to wait for these ones to save 80%

wrighty
20-01-2012, 15:20
RIght apologies for the lack of updates!

After a huge effort by the company that did these we have hit a blank on metallic infill. This is a shame but the only real way he could acheive it is to overlay vinyl on vinyl which is not what I would want or to do in 2 parts where the decal is made in two parts gold and blue but he has advised it would be nigh on impossible to apply well!

Long and short of it is that the photo in this thread shows the blue infill option but I am going to get a run of the outline only versions.

To make it worth his while I am going to have to purchase a bulk order otherwise unit cost will be too high!

I hope to do this following the community feedback.

Loosely discussed prices but hope to be able to a set of delivered for as close to £15 as possible. It all depends on numbers I can negotiate but want to see what interest first!

If anyone wants any let me know, this will be without commitment but want to get a feel for numbers and feedback initially. Should be able to get them made up quite quickly once ordered.

I will also try to include photo copies of my originals to provide a template for fitting.

chill32
20-01-2012, 15:53
Nice work wrighty! I'd be interested in a set of infilled ones, without the metallic blue, for my williams 2 if at all possible?

Red_Dash
20-01-2012, 17:31
I'd be interested in a set of outline only versions.

MatBrown
20-01-2012, 18:20
Nice work wrighty! I'd be interested in a set of infilled ones, without the metallic blue, for my williams 2 if at all possible?

Read his post, he's just doing the outline ones.

Jaymzfc
20-01-2012, 18:35
I'll def be interested, if you need money up front just let me know after all this effort i'd even give you a bit more.
Williams 1 for me pls.
Tks

chill32
20-01-2012, 19:01

Read his post, he's just doing the outline ones.

My mistake... :oops:

p4cks
20-01-2012, 19:17
Shall we start a list?

1. red dash (Williams ?)
2. p4cks (Williams 3)

Jaymzfc
21-01-2012, 09:11
Shall we start a list?

1. red dash (Williams ?)
2. p4cks (Williams 3)
3. Jaymzfc (williams)

Red_Dash
21-01-2012, 10:02
Shall we start a list?

1. red dash (Williams)
2. p4cks (Williams 3)
3. Jaymzfc (Williams)

wrighty
21-01-2012, 11:03
Thanks all for the initial feedback! Sorry if my update was unclear but if interest is strong enough I will do a run of both sorts.

To keep a little more tidy perhaps we can leave this thread for discussion and I will start a new thread for people to add what they would be interested in!

Any requirements will not be committal but just a useful starting point to insure where possible everyone's needs are met!

Cheers

TooSkive
21-01-2012, 11:10
1. red dash (Williams)
2. p4cks (Williams 3)
3. Jaymzfc (Williams)
4. Tooskive (Williams 1) x2 sets

wrighty
21-01-2012, 11:17
Requirements list here:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=426513#426513

chill32
21-01-2012, 11:42
Superb! :)

jlosgstring
27-01-2012, 12:22
I'd be interested in a set of Williams 3 decals :)

Wobba
27-01-2012, 16:22
1. red dash (Williams)
2. p4cks (Williams 3)
3. Jaymzfc (Williams)
4. Tooskive (Williams 1) x2 sets
5. Wobba (Williams 1)

wrighty
27-01-2012, 16:26
Requirements list thread updated accordingly.

I will be placing an order next week so hope to be in touch with all interested parties when I know for sure delivery dates and final costs!