PDA

View Full Version : Drive Flange - Disc screws

manxseven
25-09-2011, 21:11
Wooo Hoo managed to find some time to start doing a few jobs on 313 :D

First off, replaced calipers with those re-built by ClioRod :) and put on new discs (Ktec big brake kit).

Both discs securing screws have been butchered in the past and are like 'locating pins' now. :roll:

I reckon this is ok, as the wheel and wheel bolts hold it all in check.

What do you all think, should I drill them out and put new ones in or leave as is??

Cheers,

Simon.

wrighty
25-09-2011, 21:24
Simon, this should be fine as it is not uncommon for these to be trashed. Providing the hole intended for them line up it should be fine just makes it a little PITA when removing wheels etc and lining up disc holes with hub holes.

manxseven
26-09-2011, 20:50
Cheers for reply Paul.

Thanks,

Simon

cliokiz
28-09-2011, 06:16
If it was left down to me, i'd whip the hubs off and get them removed and replace with some nice new bolts.

Don't do them up mega tight, just tighten with some threadlock or something so they don't rattle loose.

It's an absolute pain in the arse with the brake disc keeps moving.

manxseven
28-09-2011, 12:11
yes, really should do a proper job, I only need to do the drivers side.

What's the process in getting the Drive Flange off then chaps?

Cheers,

Simon

cliokiz
28-09-2011, 13:51
You might not need to take it off, if you remove the caliper/carrier and remove the brake disc you may be able to remove the studs with pliers or similar.

manxseven
28-09-2011, 20:31
caliper/disc is all removed, just thought it would be easier doing it on the bench.

If I undo the the drive shaft nut will the flange come off??

(what torque is the drive shaft nut done up to?)

Cheers again,

Simon.

volymmannen
29-09-2011, 06:04
caliper/disc is all removed, just thought it would be easier doing it on the bench.

If I undo the the drive shaft nut will the flange come off??

(what torque is the drive shaft nut done up to?)

Cheers again,

Simon.
could weld a nut over the bult and unscrew it, its tricky but it usually works for me..

manxseven
02-10-2011, 21:11
so .... that didn't go the plan ..... :roll: :roll:

so got drill out .... drill a bit .... hammer and centre punch bish ...bang ... bong
:oops:
:roll:
:cry:

need a new drive flange chaps....... :shock: :rant:

oh well, at least the new calipers, big discs and aeroquip hoses look good :lol: :lol:

keep you posted,
Simon