PDA

View Full Version : how quick is a willy 0-100????

Mattie
11-08-2005, 21:57
sum1 on clio sport (a 182 owner i fink :roll: ) sed it takes 20 secs is this correct?

hope not as i just wana prove him wrong 2 piss him off :lol:

Andyvalver
11-08-2005, 21:58
Willys about 18 i think :? Not 100% though

edde
11-08-2005, 22:19
17~18 seconds I thourght.
However there are few original Williams to prove this again.

At the end of the day many people don't want to accept the Williams is a superb car don't get me wrong the 182 etc are superb car possibly quicker than a Williams I don't care realy if the 172 full weight is heavier than my ligthened lowered Williams which has had a fortune spent on it I still love it (the love would be more if it worked more often) at the end if the day mines cost a fortune less than a 172 would.

Don't get me wrong I'd swop my Williams for a 172/182 etc but I wouldn't want to pay a fortune to swop, the cars are a good track cars but no one would do that sort of swop for the money I'm talking about.

Anyway I get the feeling this is going to start another us and them post and continue until it gets locked as the thread goes off topic. Again leading to more peoples frustrations.

There are more important things in life than some facts and figures on an internet forum I justed wish some people would take comments ligthly and try and just enjoy life there bigger problems than wanting to start some on the net with friends or people with similar tastes.

Mattie
11-08-2005, 22:28
lol thanks for the info....u need 2 chill out though! im not starting a war here were jus avin a laugh, playin the willy and 172 / 182 off against eachova....not CS against WC....

im well aware that alot of willy owners think there cars are betta and the same gos 4 172 n 182 owners.....at the end of the day people are entitled to there opinions and these forums are here 4 us 2 express those opinions!

Tommo
11-08-2005, 22:36
I like the 182 they're nice cars..... :)

Dunno about the 0-100 mate, as edde said very few std willys left to answer ur question.....Evo quote 20.8 secs, seems a bit slow to me this! Ask stromba, think he's got the only standard willy left.....

Mattie
11-08-2005, 22:39
lol mines standard apart from the decat but that dusnt rele make much diference.....ill av 2 take it 4 a thrash lol....

ye the 182s r nice!....i was thinkin of swapin my willy 4 1 but i aint had it long n i like it 2 much 2 get rid :D

Tommo
11-08-2005, 22:46
Yours is totally std then mate apart from decat?? Fair doos, I think it's too damn tempting to tune these cars!!

Nah wouldn't take it as far as swappin my willy for a 182, depreciation would be too much, and too many of the damn things about - but I do like them, definitely would be a 2nd choice!

Martin
11-08-2005, 23:25
I'd say 20.8 was around about right for a stnd willy...touch less maybe for a good one..but what people tend to forget is that 'just' exhaust, de-cat make quite a difference!

2 live
12-08-2005, 10:18
well.14.8 secs to 96 mph....as std ...cant see 4mph takin another 6 seconds tbh

id say around 18 is more likely imo

must admit the only 182 iv been in i was quite impressed with the level of grip it semed to have......but i put that down to the pe2s.......which i must admit.helped mine handle a lot better too

Zollo
12-08-2005, 11:26
You'd be surprised how long 4 mph can take (although admittedley not six seconds!). And is 14.8 for a completely standard Williams? No de-cat, or Blue Flame? If so, that will be an for an abnormally quick Williams, not the norm.

Mattie
12-08-2005, 16:05
decat dus make a diference but wud i be right in sayin it wud only add around 5 - 8bhp on a standard willy?

TriO`
12-08-2005, 17:55
only 5-8...

I'd have thought that was quite a lot of gain for a de-cat

saying that, my valver definitley felt more restricted with it's CAT after it's MOT

Mattie
12-08-2005, 18:09
5 - 8 maybe 2 much i dont kno....thats what iv been told around though? any 1 got any other estimates?

Martin
12-08-2005, 18:10
well.14.8 secs to 96 mph....as std ...cant see 4mph takin another 6 seconds tbh

id say around 18 is more likely imo

must admit the only 182 iv been in i was quite impressed with the level of grip it semed to have......but i put that down to the pe2s.......which i must admit.helped mine handle a lot better too

I did 14.7@93mph so I would'nt have thought your 14.8 was at 96mph.. :? Anyways anyone at pod knows that they are about .2 of a second quicker up the 1/4 than a 172/182. :lol: and they are listed as 17/18secs lol

richy
12-08-2005, 18:15
one of the problems with the mk1 clios is aerodynamics or lack of it!!

a decent std willy will hit 100 in anywere from 18/19 sec onwards, condition blah blah depending, same with a 182 could pos do it faster once bed in etc both are nice cars but i prefer the mk1 thats why i own one not a 182/172 u have to look at it like this wether its the valver/wil;liams or 172/182 we all drive remarkably quick and good handling hot hatchs FWD fun!! :D

Mattie
12-08-2005, 18:34
wonder if the 172 / 182 will b as good as the willys r 2day 10 yrs down the line :?:

Zollo
13-08-2005, 00:07
wonder if the 172 / 182 will b as good as the willys r 2day 10 yrs down the line :?:

I reckon so, simply because the way things are going, cars will keep getting fatter, heavier and softer. The 182 Clio is the last of the light weight pure breed hot hatches.

Jamie.
14-08-2005, 13:30
mine is std (well s/s zorst, with cat tho) and mine is doing 100 in 17/8 secs obviously depending on thre run u get. but id say high very 16s mid 17s to 100

JayR
14-08-2005, 15:02
Book time on williams is supposed to be 20/21 secs and the Valver 24/25 apparently!!!

Who was it who said 20 secs? Mitchy? :wink:

I heard the same said by BenH a while back and he seems to have pretty good knowledge of most of the Cliosports!!!

JayR
14-08-2005, 16:09
Ah neil82cup aka MrMk2!!!

How did i not guess right............He doesnt like the mk1 much!!! :roll:

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 19:40
mine is std (well s/s zorst, with cat tho) and mine is doing 100 in 17/8 secs obviously depending on thre run u get. but id say high very 16s mid 17s to 100

Not a chance from a standard 150bhp car.

In the 16's :shock: Are you timing with a stop watch and using the speedo :lol:

Evo timed the car at 20.8 secs 0-100.

Its as simple as that.

High 16's.....LOL :lol:

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 19:44
Yes but peter pan done a 14.8 at 96mph so it cant be 20.8 secs lol.

You cant argue with hard facts boys and its a hard fact that evo recorded a 20.8 0-100 dash.

Was evos test driver drunk at the time? Did he miss a gear change? Was there timing equipment dodgy?

I dont bloody think so!! :lol:

Stop kidding yourself boys. The williams is a backroad car suited for twisty roads! It is not designed to be a motorway muncher :lol:

JayR
14-08-2005, 19:47
[quote=Jamie_Williams3]mine is std (well s/s zorst, with cat tho) and mine is doing 100 in 17/8 secs obviously depending on thre run u get. but id say high very 16s mid 17s to 100

Not a chance from a standard 150bhp car.

In the 16's :shock: Are you timing with a stop watch and using the speedo :lol:

Evo timed the car at 20.8 secs 0-100.

Thats a CTR chasing time though isnt it!? :roll: :wink:

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 19:49
Or perhaps evo run with a passenger and a full tank of gas and that slowed the williams down!

But guess what boys and girls!

If they do it for 1 car they do it for them all making all quoted 0-100 times ''innaccurate'' not just that of a clio williams!

By comparison the CTR is 16.9 and clio 182 17.5 making the williams 3-4 secs off the pace!

Argue all you like about gay mark down the pub running 1/4's in 7 secs, but lets just use evo as hard facts as 1/4 miles can be manipulated! Ie removing cat/ adding filter, removing seats and carpets and running on petrol fumes with no windscreen washer left in the bottle.

After all it was evo that branded the williams best hatch ever wasn't it! Dont you think they would have extracted the best from the car to give it this title and surely that would mean numerous 0-60's and 0-100 dashes?

On a good day with a tail wind i suppose that time may be slightly bettered but 1/2 a sec at most still making it a 20+ sec car but there's no way it will wipe 4 secs off of what evo achieved :roll: :lol:

Not unless the car has secretly lost weight or secretly been tuned up :lol:

Slithers
14-08-2005, 20:01
Or perhaps evo run with a passenger and a full tank of gas and that slowed the williams down!

But guess what boys and girls!

If they do it for 1 car they do it for them all making all quoted 0-100 times ''innaccurate'' not just that of a clio williams!

By comparison the CTR is 16.9 and clio 182 17.5

The williams is 3-4 secs off the pace! :oops: :oops:

Argue all you like about gay mark down the pub running 1/4's in 7 secs, but lets just use evo as hard facts as 1/4 miles can be manipulated! Ie removing cat/ adding filter, removing seats and carpets and running on petrol fumes with no windscreen washer left in the bottle.

After all it was evo that branded the williams best hatch ever wasn't it! Dont you think they would have extracted the best from the car to give it this title and surely that would mean numerous 0-60's and 0-100 dashes?

On a good day with a tail wind i suppose that time may be slightly bettered but 1/2 a sec at most still making it a 20+ sec car but there's no way it will wipe 4 secs off of what evo achieved :roll: :lol:

christ mitchy you've edited this post like 50 fukkin times, cant you think of it all in one go or summit?

Andyvalver
14-08-2005, 20:03
I know this isnt bang on but as many of us know its not too far out compared with 1/4 mile times and so on.

clio williams to 100 is 18.92
Valver to 100 is 21.16

Id say thats about right really.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/

richy
14-08-2005, 20:04
lol u must be bored mitchy, dont u drive a skoda anyway not a clio so why u bothered?

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 20:07
I just love you guys exaggerating your cars performance. Makes me laugh :lol:

I'll agree with no passengers and a near empty fuel tank the car probably will do a 19 sec 0-100 but this talk of high 16's and 17secs makes me laugh :lol:

Badge snobbery from a guy that drives a renault clio :lol: :lol: Dont you get beaten up for driving a girly car :lol: :wink: Is that why you need to pick on my ''skoda'' to make yourself feel better :oops:

At least my 'skoda' would help me survive a 2mph impact for instance. :wink: :lol:

BTW, why skoda and not audi or vw? :? Aren't they all the same nowadays anyway? Dont they use the same engines/transmissions and most other parts? The main reason why they are now called the VAG group :wink:

The skoda stereotype went out with the beatles mate. Octavia/Fabia RS models are cracking cars!

BTW i dont own a skoda :lol: :wink:

Andyvalver
14-08-2005, 20:09
**** off posting mitchy if its no constructive :D

richy
14-08-2005, 20:22
I just love you guys exaggerating your cars performance. Makes me laugh :lol:

I'll agree with no passengers and a near empty fuel tank the car probably will do a 19 sec 0-100 but this talk of high 16's and 17secs makes me laugh :lol:

Badge snobbery from a guy that drives a renault clio :lol: :lol:

At least my 'skoda' would help me survive a 2mph impact for instance. :wink: :lol:

BTW, why skoda and not audi or vw? :?

The skoda stereotype went out with the beetles mate. They are excellent cars nowadays and i know of an RS with 450hp.

i do actually like the seat leon cupra R
i was going to look at buying one but although quick they are i prefer cars that are set up for handling, ok the LCR does handle but its not a car id get to chuck about like that, the williams is great fun for it but ideally id like a EVO 2 , which is both very very fast 0-100 in 13 sec std trim, 4wd fun, being able to do 150+ doesnt intrest me, going to york with steve in RS following with my clio screaming sidewards does lol fun!

richy
14-08-2005, 20:27
stop editing ya posts lol

why u think i said a skoda, because its the same car lol same with new clio is a micra lmao!!!

i like the comment on picking on your car becuase i drive a girls car lol suppose that same as why u pick on our girls cars as we can get into the spaces at tesco better then your shopping trolly skoda lol

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 20:30
I've never once said the williams was a crap car. To win best hot hatch ever from evo is an achievement in itself. It is set up for the twistys hence why it is regarded so high! Its a go kart with a couple of extra seats. I dont think its as quick as high 16's or 17 secs as standard though! Evo's test equipment cant be that far off!

I know a williams/16v can be made to be a very fast car but these are with modifications! Ripping out the interior etc! Some of you guys on here are running very quick 1/4 mile times 8)

But this thread is asking a question of a STANDARD car and a standard car is not one with a k&n panel filter and a decat :roll: It is as it left the factory and i believe stromba has one of the only few remaining!

BTW i edit posts so i dont need to post another post! No point in spamming to get the post count up is there :wink: :lol:

richy
14-08-2005, 20:46
the williams was designed for backroads, the LCR for cruising imo

each has its own purpose, a car that handles well is the key to me about cars, its ok having somethign fast but if it dont handle i wont buy it! even my old vtr handled well, was shit slow but was great fun to chuck into bends!!

Jamie.
14-08-2005, 21:17
mitchy i have a vid of me speedo........im not claiming anything and i would like to think that i am actually pretty realisitc abt my cars performances, i can only go off what i have FOUND and have EVIDENCE with mine. but tbh mate if all yr gonna do is to blatantly come on here and accuse ppl of lieing than fook off, i wouldnt go on a seat forum and GO ON & ON & ON & ON ABOUT MY CAR, & HOW WONDERFUL I AM AND HOW I KNOW MORE THAN U AND HOW UR ALL CHATTING SHIT! are u saying that i am wasting my time writing shit on here for my own health :roll:

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 21:37
When have i mentioned my car in this thread discussion :? As far as i was aware i owned a 'skoda' :shock:

Did you time your 0-100 as 0-105mph as 0-100 is around 0-95 true.

You could have done the video on a slope/down hill/off a cliff. Who knows?? Is your car completely standard and did you have a full tank of gas?

Doesn't mean feck all but evo timing gear along with a professional driver does :lol:

Mattie
14-08-2005, 22:35
just out of interest mitchy wot car do you drive :?:

Mitchy
14-08-2005, 22:58
LCR with an additional 100hp/125lbft.

Not as chuckable as a williams but fairly quick on the move.

jill
14-08-2005, 23:21
LCR with an additional 100hp/125lbft.

A much better dogging car than the Williams. Loads of room to get it on in the back

:shock:

2 live
15-08-2005, 12:12
well iv bin doing some digging.....DIGGING mitchy hehe

std car as it left showroom...+ 3/4 tank of juice and extra babyseats and pram etc...oh .it was a little bit damp too lol (IIRC the strip got covered in hailstones the size of squash balls too on this day)

http://www.york-raceway.co.uk/results_frame.html

std car again...with all seats in and 3/4 tank of juice

notice the poor 60ft times?? lol

evrything else std but with de-cat fitted....and 3/4 tank of juice again, but with seats out.rears only saving about 10-15 kgs at most

car with de-cat and powerflow zorst with k&n panel filter.

same spec up until

then cams fitted to a newly rebuilt meg block ...no map to suit

finally mapped to suit