PDA

View Full Version : Williams 1

dimma
24-09-2011, 19:49
What would a Williams with 2 owners from new and 97 thousand miles and very very clean be worth.I know were there's one for sale but I'm not sure if I should go for it or not.

Red Cloud
24-09-2011, 22:23
1500, and another 3000 to get it half decent.

2 live
25-09-2011, 01:46
if its all original and clean its worth a damn sight more than that ^^^^^ lol.

not all are that rough they need thousands spending on them. only a minority are.

better imho to have one thats original but needing work than to have 1 thats been painted that could be hiding anything.....no matter how reputable the restorer is. fresh paint hides a multitude of problems and filler

dimma
25-09-2011, 08:37
I settled a price on Friday over the phone but the fella rang me lastnight and told me he just got the car checked over by a garage and they told him it's worth alot more so he wants 900 euro more now which brings it to 2500. I'm not sure if it's worth it cause the car is a couple of hours drive away.

wrighty
25-09-2011, 09:38
That is a little cheeky seeing as a amount was agreed on in principle! If it is in very good original order I still feel it represents a reasonable price.

Valuations on these are highly driven by opinion and vary quite a bit, if you really want one it sounds like one that is worth the trip. It is quite a niche market and push the buyer hard to negotiate further over his raised price?

Wobba
25-09-2011, 10:24
Up to you mate really. It is cheeky of him to say he wants more now. I would say no out of principal, or at the very least say you only have a few hundred more, not 900.

stevie_b
25-09-2011, 11:30
If it really is good condition and needs nothing doing on it mechanically then I would think £4k-£5k would be about right. These cars are at an age/price now where even something fairly minor that needs sorting (clutch, refurb wheels, new tyres, rear arches) is going to cost a large percentage of what the car might cost, and therefore quickly reduce a sale price accordingly.

It could still be worth viewing. If it really is great then maybe just try to haggle him down from his new price (which still sounds okay if no work needed), but if there is anything at fault then I'd tell him you only want to pay the originally agreed price.

will.i.am.s2
25-09-2011, 17:43
When i bought mine i went to have a look at one local which was advertised and still is for £1400 on the gumtree :roll: .

Went and had a look and it i found it wasnt as good as advertised with no evidence of a cambelt change and the clutch felt tired so i offered him £1300 which i thought was a fair offer, he then swore blind he had it advertised for £1670 but he would take £1500 as he had been offered that by a bloke down the road.. i was pissed with his lies so went and had a look at one most probably wouldnt have touched 200 miles away. looked rough in the poor pictures so was risky but it was mechanicly excellent with 5k worth of bills in the last 2 years and i drove it away for £1150 :D

So to the OP if i was you i would leave the williams in question and shop around as there is no need to get held to ransom by anyone.

dimma
26-09-2011, 00:49
Well I drove for 3 hours to go see it and when i arrived there and got out Of my car i walked over towards the Clio and my heart just sank I couldn't believe the paint work and the amount of small dents it has. It needs a complete respray so after some talking and explaining to him what the car i needs I got it for 1700 euro.although it needs a respray it does seem to be really solid with no rust anywhere. I will post up a few pictures in a day or two.100 more than was originally agreed on.