PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Fan Relay

marsy
13-09-2011, 20:59
Im having problems with my coolent fan as its not coming on when the engine is running at high temp.
Looking through old forums on here its a good chance its the relay or wiring itself.
Im going to have a good nose through it on my next day off on Friday, so does anyone have a link to a site for a new relay to replace it / info on what one i need, so i can get my hands on one in time?
Many Thanks
Matt

fabulicious
13-09-2011, 21:19
Check the wiring leading to the rad switch. Also the diode in the relay box in the engine bay beside the battery. More than likely it's the switch.

Could try one of these low temo switch's found off of this store:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-LOW-TEMPERATURE-FAN-SWITCH-78-65-DEG-/400088565766?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d27230806

or

GSF

or

Matt.

marsy
13-09-2011, 21:48
Its got a new low temp switch from k-tec on it, that was purchased by the previous owner a few months ago so im assuming that fine.
Good point about the diode, i'll check that out aswell if all else fails.
Thanks

fabulicious
13-09-2011, 22:02
Has the system been bled correctly since fitting the new switch? I find after a coolant change the fan doesn't kick in as it should (in and around the third bar on the gauge) unless the system has been bled correctly.