PDA

View Full Version : Stalling!

cliokiz
09-09-2011, 13:12
My hybrid is starting to get on my tits a bit.

When cold, it loves to stall. All the time. Every time I dip the clutch when coming to a junction, or doing a three point turn, or anything, it'll die.

Sometimes i can pull up to a junction, dip the clutch, engine stalls, I try to restart the engine and it just splutters and cuts out again straight away. Then i start it back up and it's fine again.

I don't really mind the stalling, but the result of the stalling is me nailing my car from cold to get the thing warmed up! Once it's warm it stops stalling, but it does tend to dip to 500rpm when you dip the clutch and then slowly raise to a steady 900rpm idle.

I've not started checking the obvious things but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I'm going to check the idle speed control valve and TPS. anything else it could be?

volymmannen
09-09-2011, 18:32
My hybrid is starting to get on my tits a bit.

When cold, it loves to stall. All the time. Every time I dip the clutch when coming to a junction, or doing a three point turn, or anything, it'll die.

Sometimes i can pull up to a junction, dip the clutch, engine stalls, I try to restart the engine and it just splutters and cuts out again straight away. Then i start it back up and it's fine again.

I don't really mind the stalling, but the result of the stalling is me nailing my car from cold to get the thing warmed up! Once it's warm it stops stalling, but it does tend to dip to 500rpm when you dip the clutch and then slowly raise to a steady 900rpm idle.

I've not started checking the obvious things but just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I'm going to check the idle speed control valve and TPS. anything else it could be?
Water temperature sensor if it tells wrong temperature to the ecu, it can **** up when cold, thinking the engine is warm when its cold..

fabulicious
10-09-2011, 10:15
Lambda? Although stalling is a bit severe for a dodgy lambda.
You still got that high idle issue when gunning it?
I found that when I had that issue, other problems slowly crept in and eventually replaced the ECU to sort them all out in one go.

cliokiz
10-09-2011, 13:39
I've definitely still got a lambda issue, it sits there chugging a bit from a cold start

This is almost like the idle speed control valve isn't reacting fast enough to 'open' when I dip the clutch to keep the engine running.

If i keep my foot on the throttle whilst braking and dipping the clutch it will keep the engine alive

MatBrown
10-09-2011, 14:22
CTS?

Smokey McPot
19-09-2011, 00:03
Mine is doing exactly this, and has been running hotter than usual too.

I think its time to get my hands dirty, taking to the garage to get them to chase the problem is getting too expensive.

It has been suggested to me that, it could be related to the lambda, crank sensor, coolant temp sensor, and ICV. Knowing my luck it will be a combination of some, if not all, of them :?