PDA

View Full Version : Clio Williams - Leather Interior ???

BRUN
11-08-2005, 00:35
im being told by some lad that he has an interior from a williams thats half leather, he says it was an option in France

is this true because i read a lot of info on the net and i usually remember most of it, and ive never heard of this before

BRUN
11-08-2005, 00:52
well ive now seen pictures of this

it looks genuine to be honest, the pics are very very dark though

he is sellin the front and back seats, and door inserts, for £180

and he is based in the N/W (all the best stuff is up ere lol)

TriO`
11-08-2005, 09:20
I havn't heard of this either but if it's genuine and in good condition £180 doesn't sound to bad atall

Nick Hill
11-08-2005, 11:14
Brun, the only leather I have seen in a Williams was the optional extra from Renault which has a blue piping around the trim joins as opposed to the std 16v leather which had black piping.

Myers16v
11-08-2005, 13:34
Leather looks dark but its blue, it has the piping as sugested above. The interiour came out of a French Williams. Car was stolen and wrote off :(.
i have had the seats a while.
I wanted to offer it to a Williams owner before it went on ebay, otherwise some chav in a 1.2 will destroy it. As far as i know this is the only set in the UK. as it was never an option over here. 180 bags it, you must pick it up i will except no offers. includes rear seats and door inserts.

Cheers Guys

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Myers16v/Picture105.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Myers16v/Picture104.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a149/Myers16v/Picture103.jpg

katbloke
11-08-2005, 14:41
I remeber seeing a willy on ebay with leather seats the owner was a upholsterer, looks ok but in this heat no chance.

Jamie.
11-08-2005, 16:51
I remeber seeing a willy on ebay with leather seats the owner was a upholsterer, looks ok but in this heat no chance.

i remember that too, i remeber the fella saying in his add "the williams comes with leather interior at a cost of £0 (im a upholsterer)" . anyway, not a fan of that leather at all, looks a bit tacky IMO.

Slithers
11-08-2005, 18:35
If i owned a williams id be onto buying those seats like flies to a turd, they look foooooookin ace.

I think they'd look well out of place in a valver.

Zollo
11-08-2005, 18:47
Agreed, I think they look fookin' lovely. :)

LotuzClioWilliams
12-08-2005, 22:11
I don't like them. This is what they should be like:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/marcreijnhoudt/WilliamsLeer1.JPG

8)

Myers16v
12-08-2005, 22:58
Nobody asked if you like them!
Why should they be like that ?:-

1. They are half leather not full (are you stupid?).

2. They are Renault Williams original, anyone can do what you have done.

3. Could yours be any more worn ?

oh and your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Why is it you bitch? like being in school again. We all own Renaults, should we not be a team?. They are really nice seats and rare!.
You want to buy them before those holes get bigger ?

http://freeweb.siol.net/hipernet/spam/stfu/stfu27.jpg

LotuzClioWilliams
12-08-2005, 23:08
It's not even worth reacting to this. :roll:

VIPERONE
12-08-2005, 23:43
tempting

Martin
12-08-2005, 23:54
Chill out myers! lol I prefer the full leather myself....

Zollo
13-08-2005, 00:13
Bit of an out burst there, steady on :shock:

I prefer the half leather. I think full leather in a hot hatch looks OTT personally. Full leather belongs in a exec car.

Myers16v
13-08-2005, 01:22
I am not kicking off, I just think its stupid. Every time someone posts their car there is always someone who puts it down, its really pointless the standard of cars on this site/forum is very high. If you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything at all. I like the full leather myself I have it in my own car, but I don’t think I am any better than someone with cloth. Personal taste is the key to cars what’s the point in all having the same ?, we would have nothing to talk about. I sold a car last year because people on cliosport were giving me a hard time, selling that car was the worst thing I have done. I joined Williamsclio because it seems more professional and users have good knowledge, I thought that people would appreciate something so rare. Plus I am trying to sell them. I did not mean to offend LotuzClioWilliams I was just getting my point across.
So far I have posted my new car and nobody has said anything bad which is a new experience.

Basically seemed someone was trying to get a dig in and show off their own stuff, I think that’s out of order. I am running a pretty quick Clio and there is NO WAY I would comment on any less of an engine. I have no insecurities about my car so I don’t have to.

I may sound a little serious but I have been burned in the passed.

Anyway I am newbie to Williamsclio, HI ALL! :D

Purple
13-08-2005, 02:07
Myers,
Take it easy. Don't look like he was really taking a run at you. Though, this place can also get a bit rowdy sometimes. But, generally, mostly light-hearted digs among the guys.

But back on topic, I am curious as to whether Lotuz's full leather jobs are Renault approved seats too.

LotuzClioWilliams
13-08-2005, 07:45
Don't look like he was really taking a run at you.

I wasn't. Just because it's a genuine Renault product and it's rare doesn't mean I have to like the way it looks. I was just showing what a leather interior (which isn't mine btw, so don't jump to any conclusions) also could look like. I'm not trying to prevent it from from getting sold. There are always people who do like it. And the price seems right, so you'll probably sell it anyway.

I did not mean to offend LotuzClioWilliams I was just getting my point across.

I didn't want offend you either, I'm sorry if I did, but I would never react to someone in the way you did. There are other ways to get your point across. So you have been burned in the past on another forum? What does that have to do with this forum and me?

Enough about this. Good luck selling your interior. :)

jill
13-08-2005, 11:11
No one on the French site has said that they think it was a factory option, so for the meantime lets remember that they may not be factory fitted. Loverly as they are, i think this was an aftermarket personal modification.