PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen cowling seal

andyleep
03-09-2011, 10:50
Is the seal that sits between the windscreen and the 2 plastic cowlings supposed to be stuck to the plastic or seperate?

kneesparks
03-09-2011, 17:40
I'd like to know this also. Mine is not fitting too well since I changed the heater fan :roll: :oops:

snowman
03-09-2011, 17:57
if you mean the scuttle panels then its stuck down to the plastics with thin double sided tape

andyleep
03-09-2011, 18:39
Yeh, scuttle. So if you buy the plastic panels from Renault, do they come with the seal already on or is it a buy the rubber, peel off the backing and stick yourself?!

snowman
03-09-2011, 19:01
I wouldve thought knowing Renault it will be the later of the two,i know that when i cleaned up my scuttle panel the tape was stuck to the back of it :D

FATBOY
04-09-2011, 18:40
i need both the seals as well... anyone?

Vandella
07-09-2011, 21:13
if it helps..i went into my local renault and asked to order both side of the scuttle panel..one side was £45ish and the other a bit more for sum reason..and only one side was available but from france and the other wasnt availible even in france! the guy said and he may have been telling porkies but he siad ud have to wait for it to be made? n could take months.. so ive been looking into breakers yards for good examples to replace mine as a few of the clip holders on the underneath have snapped and are also held in place by tape at the mo!! good luck! and if u find out any more keep us updated!