PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid v CTR v ST150

JayR
10-08-2005, 23:29
Not really an happy bunny as tonight i had a few tusles with a mates ST150 and then was joined by another mates CTR with not brilliant outcomes on my part or so i thought!!!

Note i was one up with half a tank and loaded with a sub and the other cars were totally standard and on there own!!!

Goin on to our favourite dual :wink: Fiesta infront and CTR behind me, goin round the roundabout in 2nd onto the dual and the ST floors it and i do just after and theres no movement between us up to a ton but the ctr passes us both pretty easy(ish).............CTR owner (former valver owner) says your not drivin it hard enough and my reply was i ****in am (later let him have ago and he said it was good compared to his valver which was a known fast one so dont feel theres a prob with the car asuch)..........Anyway he tells my passenger to get in with him and i race the ST from standing!!!

I pull well in first and second and im in front but not by a stagerin amount (about half a car to a car) and then he started pulling it back and by 90 were levelish again which is where the dual was comin to an end and i started braking!!!

Not sure of the stats on the ST's but iv heard some of you boys saying you keep on CTR's but tbh from a rolling game mine wasnt on par at all.....Would standing be any better with no passenger against the CTR? And anyone know the exact figures on the ST as i know how much you all like Fords!? :wink:

Im first to admit im not really known for hitting the red and dont really like hammering the box but even with this in mind was i slow? :(

VIPERONE
10-08-2005, 23:35
u 2.0l'd?

JayR
10-08-2005, 23:44
Yep 45k willy 2 engine, with recon willy box and valver manifold!!!

KingStromba
10-08-2005, 23:47
Id get a Williams manifold then :P

JayR
10-08-2005, 23:52
Surely thats not the probs King...Iv heard most people recommend them or the supersprint over the williams!?

I think it was a case of my bad/careful driving rather than anything :oops: but nevertheless it was still close with the ST but not with the CTR!!!

Martin
10-08-2005, 23:55
Strip it out...tbh I'd expect both those cars to beaten by a hybrid..the st150 should have been a memory at 100mph!

VIPERONE
10-08-2005, 23:57
lol.

indeed..check things like blowing exhausts etc etc

J o n
11-08-2005, 00:00
somethings deffo not right there...

JayR
11-08-2005, 00:11
Anyone kno the exact performance stats on the 150?

I was told 7.8 to 60 and 21 to 100 just now which would make the outcome about right wouldnt it?

Im not stripping it mart....Like the leather too much......Will takr the sub out and that knn off soon though.........The engine was only put in a month and abit ago and the exaust is a stainless cat back piper which is 10mths old so dont think theres a problem there!!!

Theres a few mates with 172's and apparently they dont beat the Ford by much and get eaten by the CTR so im bloody confused!!!

KingStromba
11-08-2005, 00:12
Who put the engine in? Dont say GDI.

Martin
11-08-2005, 00:13
Not still on 17s are you? :?

JayR
11-08-2005, 00:17
No im on the 15's now martin and it does feel alot lot better.....King it wasnt GDI but iv heard you slate the people who did mine before so i wont say!!! :wink:

The thing is my valver lump was a low miled one and when i used to post up on CS driving tales with honest results i used to get told i should have beaten them cars by more.........Beggining to think i need some training!!!Lol

Mitchy
11-08-2005, 09:45
I'll tell you why this has happened.

People on here exaggerate encounters with the CTR and make them out a lot slower than they are. The CTR is a fast car, a lot faster than a standard williams!

Comments like ''I easily pulled, I whipped etc'' dont help as no williams on here will easily pull on a CTR. You need a substantial amount more HP/Torque or PWR to 'easily' pull on another performance car.

People telling porkie pies about 'dream' encounters they've had with Ferrari 355's etc make the williams out to be a lot better than it is.

When you actually come up against one for real its a different story as you have found out. :roll:

But i admire you mate as your honest and will admit defeat 8)

big hp
11-08-2005, 09:49
You say that though Mitchy but I can hold my own with CTR's. 2 of my friends have them and I usually pull approx 2 car lengths and it stays like that until 100ish then they normally pull 2 lengths on me.

Jan
11-08-2005, 10:02
A good mate of mine has a ctr and when he had an IK kit on it was exactly level with mine... :)

He now has the hondata chip and full s/s exhaust and is a bit quicker :evil:

J o n
11-08-2005, 10:14
LOL@Mitchy

well, I easily pulled away from a CTR on the motorway coming back from my sisters 21st back in April with Northy and Wayne in the car... then he followed me off the slip road and got BATTERED on the bends, then again battered at the lights... he was 2 up, I was 3 up...

on the way back from FCS, CTR driver on his own, me on my own and 2 live in his car with Gibbo... result? he wouldn't move over so I went past anyway close to the limiter in 5th... he musta have been going a good 10mph slower... when my car was standard it would pull a car on my mates CTR until 120 where he pulled past and just kept going. but you know best having owned every car on the plannet and reading Evo cover to cover... :roll: lol

it sounds to me like there's something wrong with his car, a 150bhp Fiesta that weighs more should not be pulling on him, you should know this being completely anal and constantly bringing up car stats tho :wink: :lol:

KingStromba
11-08-2005, 10:37
Jesus, youre a cock

:shock:

J o n
11-08-2005, 10:45
lol, so how many people have you attacked now since you've come back Klaus? also making derogatory comments towards GDI... careful mate, your on your way to getting banned again if the rules are enforced ;)

KingStromba
11-08-2005, 11:01
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

You still here?

Jabba the...
11-08-2005, 13:23
sort it out! :roll:

Andyvalver
11-08-2005, 13:24
I reckon my 1.8 could stick with a fiest st 150 to a ton no probs. Ive stuck to the back of a st 170 to a ton. Ctr would beat me liek a 182 does.

http://www.smileys.ws/sm/action/00000051.gif tut tut :D

JayR
11-08-2005, 18:16
LOL@Mitchy

well, I easily pulled away from a CTR on the motorway coming back from my sisters 21st back in April with Northy and Wayne in the car... then he followed me off the slip road and got BATTERED on the bends, then again battered at the lights... he was 2 up, I was 3 up...

on the way back from FCS, CTR driver on his own, me on my own and 2 live in his car with Gibbo... result? he wouldn't move over so I went past anyway close to the limiter in 5th... he musta have been going a good 10mph slower... when my car was standard it would pull a car on my mates CTR until 120 where he pulled past and just kept going. but you know best having owned every car on the plannet and reading Evo cover to cover... :roll: lol

it sounds to me like there's something wrong with his car, a 150bhp Fiesta that weighs more should not be pulling on him, you should know this being completely anal and constantly bringing up car stats tho :wink: :lol:

One thing mate i never said it pulled on me......Yes it came back at 90 and then went past when i started braking due to the dual comin to an end!!!

For once though i do agree with mitchy..........All you people that say you pull on CTR's imo are taliking out of your arse's or your williams aint anywhere near standard........Iv also heard you say you give 172's a pounding now imo again thats gotta be false.......The 0-60 and 0-100 times for both the CTR and 172's are alot better than a standard williams!!!

What makes you think a car that pulls in a 0-60 time of 7.2 secs (the williams) will hammer a car that does it in around 6.5 in a straight line?

The st's are supposed to do a 7.8 0-60 and as i said i was infront of him to 60 then he was very slowly coming back after that!!!

For the record i know of 2 people with 172's and the CTR has creamed them both and the st by all acounts has been on there arse's aswell.........By hearing that i dont think my cars done too bad!!!

Must be the southern air not doin our cars any good!!! :wink:

JayR
11-08-2005, 18:28
I reckon my 1.8 could stick with a fiest st 150 to a ton no probs. Ive stuck to the back of a st 170 to a ton. Ctr would beat me liek a 182 does.

http://www.smileys.ws/sm/action/00000051.gif tut tut :D

I say find one and try it..........I souldnt think he wouldnt pull much but he will be faster than you from 60 onwards!!!

Had an st170 on my back the other night and pulled a fair bit on that but i dont know weather he was going or not as i didnt know the driver!!!

My valver engine was a lowish miled one and in fairly good nick (bighp knows that as it was one of his friends cars) and i can tell you the power increase the williams engine gives on the standard valver engine is very noticeable indeed specially from 70 to 100!!!

Andyvalver
11-08-2005, 18:40
Calm down mate, lol. Im only saying what ive done. st170 is no probs to a ton but after that i dont know. St150 is a bit lighter than a focus but with less power so id say its probably the same. Personally id of thought a 2.0 valver hybrid would batter one as it has the same power if not a little more and over 100kg less in weight.

Sorry, just read on the ford website that its 150ps, not bhp which means its less than a willy lump and heavier. :shock:

Jamie.
14-08-2005, 13:55
every car, every situation is different.......ive never raced a type r or a st 150, but i would imagine that a type r is a bit quicker and the ford similar tbh. type rs do 60 in low 6's and are quick, but alot of ppl on here have cams (2live, martin all the usual suspects) and they make a huge difference! i went in mark ritchspeeds car this weekend and was amazed at how quick his was, and all he had was cams...the pull from 70 to 110 is so much more (than my std willy 3 which runs 100 in 17 id say so is pretty much a "normal one") and i wud say was deff quikcer than a type r as marks wud have shat on mine. and were also forgetting that some ppl have no interior too and it all starts adding up.....cams, no interior....thats why so many ppl have wildly different tales, i wouldnt say that i dont believe some of the stuff that i read on here but i think that IMO there are only several cars that wud easily beat type r's (martins old one, 2live, cleans and marks [also those with cams, sorry dont know who u are, maybe more to add to the list] ). also ive not really met too many ppl that have modded their type r's either....so when ppl are out racing and have a modded clio but race a std type r then its gona be different then comparing a modded willy/hybrid to a modded tyre r! i also remember 2live saying he cant remember what driving a std williams is like as its been that long.....so some ppl with modded cars cant really say... "yeah ur hyrbid shud have easily kept with him" as some peeps cant remember how their std car drove/accelerated.

JayR
14-08-2005, 14:55
Totally agree with you J, the CTR's standard form book times are alot better than a standard Williams and the ST's book times arnt a whole lot worse than a Williams.........Id also like to point out i do still have a KnN :oops: and it was very hot on the night i had these blasts.......I also have full leather and a sub that weighs half a ton not to mention my passenger in the rolling games wasnt the lightest person in the world and as said the gap between me n the ST was the same all the way up the dual and he was in standard form and driver only and was probably caining the granny out of it!!!

I drove the car yesterday on my own and it was cooler weather...........I was also using faster gear changes and it did feel better..........If its cool tonight i may have to get myself a rematch but even then i dont expect to hammer the ST!!! :twisted:

JonnyK
15-08-2005, 00:24
CTR's are VERY underated IMO, yes my car is faster but, they pull so well in 4th and 5th!

going on something someone said earlier, would a blowing exhaust cause my car to be much slower? mine's been blowin like a mofo for god knows how long!

seano
24-08-2005, 22:02
My first post so I hope I don't upset anyone! I'm lucky enough to have a Williams 2 and a CTR. I only bought the CTR because I have to commute 80 miles a day and it was killing the Williams. Anyway my views on the two - 0 to 70 the Williams will win, then the CTR will start coming back if you work the box keeping it between 5900 and 7300. After that a standard CTR will just leave a standard Williams. If you get to the twisties it will also destroy you under braking. That said I love driving the Williams more - its much less predictable and keeps you on your toes - whose not spun once or thrice!!

Williams Superchip K&N
CTR Mugen Airbox, Magnex catback, HKS Chip

Seano

Puts fireproof suit on!!

richy
24-08-2005, 22:35
lol @ mitchy, always voice your opinion !!

only encoutered the CTR's twice, once after 100 i got pasted lol when my car was 110% std yes std exhaust to lol

other time was when i was running coilovers and exhaust system decat and managed to overtake him on a few twistys mainly down to him being a wimp and braking lol

never came across a fiesta ST yet, but looking at stats they seem quick but not as quick as std williams should be, read 23 to 100, how true this is we will find out over time, but after seeing one at RS Nat day with 171 bhp by just full system/manifold and filter/remap i can see potential!!

out of intrest i have had a few duels with my mates focus RS, his is std and mine now stripped etc and was sat on his bumper to 105ish when mine was total std about 80 then he would leave me!! so not all storys are 'dreamt' lol :wink:

seano
25-08-2005, 00:29
Richy

Theres a lot of CTR's these days and some newer drivers owners don't drive them properly ("I'm not pulling more than 6K it makes a funny noise" - FFS what did you think the iVTEC would do). From what you have said, the second one you met, falls in to that category of driver. Sadly the CTR is becoming a bit of a knobend's car.

I tried a few disks and pads on the Williams, but of all the cars I've driven over the years, I've never driven a car like it that is happier accelerating than it is at braking (playing with bias didn't help - it made me and the car more nervous)

Seano

FYI I've driven about 65K in the WIlliams and 42K in the CTR

Lunner
25-08-2005, 19:51
St was brought out to be a rival to the 182 and mini Cooper, so i seem to remember reading in 'Driven' Magazine, not much of a rival, seeing as as its slower on paper then them both, and costs more