PDA

View Full Version : Washing the car

robi1000
30-08-2011, 15:47
OK, my car was freshly resprayed a while ago and there was construction work on the building it's in. There was a layer of concrete dust on the car. I gently hosed down most of it, but when car dried up, there's a very fine dust on the paintwork. It can be wiped off, but I'm afraid that will leave marks in the paint.

Any ideas how to clean this, preferably without touching the car (by this I mean using a jet wash or something similar). Car must appear on a car show in 2 days, so there's no room for error. :D

Jaymzfc
30-08-2011, 15:56
Hope it's not the case i had with one of my old cars, what you should have done was air hosed it down, blown the fine dust off. What you have done is mixed water with cement which is not a good scenario.
If you run your fingers over it can you feel a slight sandpaper feel???
Try taking it for a powerwash that might move it if not i cant see much choice but to hand wash it very carefully. and give it a nice polish after.

Good luck hope it turns out ok

Wobba
30-08-2011, 16:12
Don't panic.

Clay bar mate, then low grade fine compound. Remember the paint will be soft still so you are best off Googling the best way to clean a newly sprayed car.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk etc will have a few posts I am sure!

Markic
30-08-2011, 17:39
Miniwash Robster?

Markic
30-08-2011, 17:40
OK, my car was freshly resprayed a while ago and there was construction work on the building it's in. There was a layer of concrete dust on the car. I gently hosed down most of it, but when car dried up, there's a very fine dust on the paintwork. It can be wiped off, but I'm afraid that will leave marks in the paint.

Any ideas how to clean this, preferably without touching the car (by this I mean using a jet wash or something similar). Car must appear on a car show in 2 days, so there's no room for error. :D

Ok, now is the best time for us to meet again!!!

robi1000
30-08-2011, 21:05

Definitely! If you have any time this weekend, come and see my car at Ljubljana Car Show! :D

We've got a lot to catch up! 8)

Markic
31-08-2011, 07:40

Definitely! If you have any time this weekend, come and see my car at Ljubljana Car Show! :D

We've got a lot to catch up! 8)

Can I enter with my car there? :D To be with yours? Ask someone, apply me or something. I'll even put back OEM wheels :D

robi1000
31-08-2011, 08:37
Hmmmm, we can go together to Renault World Series on Hungaroring next year.

For this show, I don't think I can do anything. It's not in my power, and from the layout of the exhibition space, I think it's already cramped. But I'd be happy to arrange a safe place for your car if you decide to come.

Markic
31-08-2011, 09:06
Hmmmm, we can go together to Renault World Series on Hungaroring next year.

For this show, I don't think I can do anything. It's not in my power, and from the layout of the exhibition space, I think it's already cramped. But I'd be happy to arrange a safe place for your car if you decide to come.

will call you by the end of the week, gotta first see if I'm free for the weekend. Leona is having alot of exams, and if she'll be studying, than I'll have to find a friend to come with me.

robi1000
31-08-2011, 13:20
That's great! 8)

I wish her good luck with the exams!