PDA

View Full Version : Standar Airbox

Vandella
27-08-2011, 15:20
hey guys. just noticed when cleaning the front bumper.. that underneath the passenger splash panel, a red/orange cable was loose..and had been taped up..but was nearly hanging out the bottom, any clues as to what this shud be used for/connected too?..also..i have a black plastic pipe that runs under there..or behind the passenger side foglamp..it sits right up against the plastic..it cant be doing much good or any use there..i looked at the other end and its not even attached.. so i have a unsed bit of pipe..doing nothing.. the i looked towards the airbox..and instead of having the intake pipe for the box running to the side or nxt to the radiator, it only has a small piece coming of the box..this sits behind the rad...its as if there is a bit of pipe missing..or could/should the non-attached useless bit i was describing about amin ago be attached to it? i cant be getting any cold air in if its behind there surley..would this have damage anything if i hadnt have noticed, not getting cold air or just a bit less performance? ill try n get some pics up to help explain my ramblings! :?

Vandella
27-08-2011, 16:17
hopefully this'll make a bit more sense

Vandella
27-08-2011, 16:19
the start of useless pipe..radiator being obscured at the top right of the pic..

Vandella
27-08-2011, 16:20
End of useless pipe, as you can see is behind the fog and right up against the bumper

Vandella
27-08-2011, 16:22
This is the unconnected wire that was loose and had tape around it.. it goes up in to the electrical loom just underneath/behind the headlight. i dont know where its traces back too or if it should be attached or is a sensor for somthing...

fabulicious
27-08-2011, 17:43
My guess is they had a modified air feed on the car and then decided to slap a standard box back on without the original feed.
Basically the piping should run down from the airbox, bend right(looking at it head on) run through a bracket that also holds the perc system pump and then comes out the N/S arch and faces upwards towards the headlight and gets it's air feed from there.
The wire could be from the brake pad wear sensor if it's orange?

MatBrown
27-08-2011, 18:20
As above.

Vandella
27-08-2011, 18:22
ahh..is there a dialogys pic to show what the pipe that attaches to the short curve i have coming off the airbox in the top pic? could it be the useless bit has been put back in the wrong place? it has a bend in the end thats touching the bumper..the rest is staight.. but ive tried to wiggle it and i cant get it to budge! this surley cant be the normal position for this pipe as it would achieve nothing...(scratching my head) sorry if im not listening properly or havnt understood u

Vandella
27-08-2011, 18:23
or do u have a pic i could go by?

Vandella
27-08-2011, 18:30
sorry just found the dialogys pic! so the useless part is connected to the piece coming of the airbox with a flexihose/ducting..ill see if i can find the clip that the apparent usless bit clips into at the headlight end!