PDA

View Full Version : Dash light

andyleep
19-08-2011, 19:04
Since buying my Willy 2 the light in the middle of the instrument cluster for the brake warning has never worked. I'm guessing this should be on when the handbrake is on? I've never known a car that doesn't have a light on the dash to show the handbrake is on but the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that in the Williams 2 original sales brochure the light isn't on either!? The battery light and oil light are on, but not the middle one! Am I right in thinking that is should light up when the handbrake is on, or is it purely for brake fluid low level warning? Surely there must be a light for the handbrake??!!!

16v_paddy
19-08-2011, 20:12
There is a light there and it is supposed to be on when the handbrake is :wink:

It's either the bulb blown or something on the switch on the handbrake itself at fault, mine doesn't work either but that's because I damaged the plug when I tightened the handbrake cables, I just cba to sort it :P

andyleep
19-08-2011, 20:46
Thought that could be the case - but I am very puzzled as to why the light is never on in the brochure!

16v_paddy
19-08-2011, 21:03
They probably did the same as me on the day they took the pictures for the brochure :P