PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here with williams 2

will.i.am.s2
11-08-2011, 22:28
Hi all, im new here and new to renaults completely. Picked up a williams 2 a few weeks back for not many pennies and im still smilling :D All seems well so far apart from a rusty wheel arch and a drivers door with no bottom left in it! Its just a matter now of making her mint again which hopefuly will not be to hard. On the mechanical side im lucky enough to have bought one thats had absolutley everything renewed and sorted in the last couple of years with a few k's worth of receipts.

The guy i had it off bought it as a stop gap car and didnt know to much about what had been done to it performance wise. All i know is its damn fast 8) The rev limiter is @ 7200rpm and it can hit 70 in 2nd which apparantly isnt standard? It has a green panel filter, scorpion de-cat and backbox+standard centre section. I have a rolling road print out with it for 160.1bhp @ 7100 rpm so suspect it has been remapped at some point. The antiroll bar is also bright yellow is this standard?

There is also a plaque were the original williams has one on the dash which is odd and looks oe, it hasnt got a build number but does state XBF which is the last 3 letters of the reg, maybe it was a press car as it would have been one of the first williams 2's made? No idea but a nice touch.

will.i.am.s2
11-08-2011, 22:35
No idea how you add pics on here?

16v_paddy
12-08-2011, 00:05
Welcome to the madhouse :lol:

That plaque will probably be from the group buy on here a while ago, my mate had them made for everyone.
Standard rev limiter is 6,500 so yours has deffo been tinkered with :twisted: the ARB is black as standard so yours has probably been painted or powder coated that colour.

As for the pics, 1st you need to upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket , then copy the stuff in the box that says direct link.
When typing your reply, look above the box you're typing in and click on the bit that says Img - then paste the link and click on the Img button again :wink:

Wobba
12-08-2011, 10:26
Welcome, and glad you are having fun. Cracking cars.

will.i.am.s2
13-08-2011, 20:08
Welcome to the madhouse :lol:

That plaque will probably be from the group buy on here a while ago, my mate had them made for everyone.
Standard rev limiter is 6,500 so yours has deffo been tinkered with :twisted: the ARB is black as standard so yours has probably been painted or powder coated that colour.

As for the pics, 1st you need to upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket , then copy the stuff in the box that says direct link.
When typing your reply, look above the box you're typing in and click on the bit that says Img - then paste the link and click on the Img button again :wink:

Hey cheers for the info on the plaque, its very nice anyway your mate did a cracking job of them as i thought it was oem! Also thanks for the other info on the ARB and rev limiter. Im loving this site and the early days of williams ownership, its always much better when such a car has a nicely setup owners club like this one. I will have a go at the pictures now.

ive been reading the hype about these cars for aslong as i can remember now and i can certainly see why now, they are on a different planet to any other hot hatch ive driven or been in. Great stuff.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/richardswain21/Photo0349.jpg

andyleep
13-08-2011, 20:45
Welcome, it sounds like a good buy! Any chance of a picture of the plaque when you get a sec? Thanks

16v_paddy
13-08-2011, 20:56
Here's the original thread about the plaques with some pics
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34635&highlight=plaque :wink:

will.i.am.s2
14-08-2011, 13:10
Yes they are the plaques! Will do a picture at some point today as i need to do some better pics as the one above is shocking quality!

It was indeed a bargain williams i dont think the lad had much of a clue about the value of them realy as it appears to have had in excess of 5k spent on it in the last 3 years or so replacing pretty much everything.

I will do a more detailed thread when i get a sec as its quite an interesting williams and is a rolling project as its not perfect but more importantly for me its an honest example.

FATBOY
14-08-2011, 13:40
is he still making them plaques?

16v_paddy
14-08-2011, 15:12
is he still making them plaques?

I could try & convince him to if there's enough interest to make it worth the effort

lee2
14-08-2011, 15:18
please do!!

lee

will.i.am.s2
15-08-2011, 19:53
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/richardswain21/DSCF0348.jpg

will.i.am.s2
15-08-2011, 19:54
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg300/richardswain21/DSCF0348.jpg

andyleep
15-08-2011, 19:58
Ask him to sort them out please! Looks good. Maybe metal this time and even more would sell?

FATBOY
15-08-2011, 20:11
im in!!!!

lee2
15-08-2011, 20:20
meee too!!!!!