PDA

View Full Version : Insurance / Tesco taking the pees

schakal
05-08-2011, 10:47
I had the 9 and the 19 under the same policy over 5 years now .I normaly SORN one and swap the insurance on to the other every so many months so that i get to drive both cars . This went quite well all these years apart from TESCO charging me the odd administration fee for swapping the insurance over until NOW !!!

I was on the phone to swap my insurance to the 19 ,the Tesco phone number i called told me the underwriters have changed and i have to call another number to deal with my insurance ,i call the number the guy on the other end confirms my monthly instalments as £26,50 per month (10 month payment ) then tell me when i swap my insurance over to the 19 they will be £73.50 :shock: :shock: I ask him to explain this where i have been swapping insurances in between the 2 cars for years never had such a hike ,my circumstances have not changed ,i have not had no claims or accidents nor had points on my license !!!
He cant explain and i am not buying it ,so insurance stays unchanged and on the Renault 9 where i keep paying £26.50 a month still untill i can find a solution and get the 19 insured at a reasonable price . By the way I am aware most insurance policies went up in the last few months etc but %300 is a robbery .

Anyone know of a company i can go with ? Preferably a company that works online so that administration fees and all that crap are cut to a minimum as well. I have about 10 years of no claims and no points on my license :P

Geronimo
05-08-2011, 11:28
Its called inflation and it is because the criminals we have in positions of government are printing money.

It will get worse, much worse.

If you dont know what hyperinflation is, google it.

cliokiz
05-08-2011, 13:13
I used to be with Churchill and they didn't charge to swap insurance between vehicles.

jock
05-08-2011, 16:44
Not wish speak with fork tongue, but me think Geronimo really paleface. . . . . ;-)

schakal
05-08-2011, 17:16
Not wish speak with fork tongue, but me think Geronimo really paleface. . . . . ;-)

He is Stromba AKA The Roid Meister .
Dont worry , you wont see him for long :wink:

schakal
05-08-2011, 17:21
I used to be with Churchill and they didn't charge to swap insurance between vehicles.

Nice one Kiz :)
I have found TPT cover from a company called "BUDGET" through www.cumandcomparethemeerkats.com for £311 quid , happy days .

It will take me 1 month`s premium + £10 (£26 + 10 ) to cancel my policy with tesco which i will be doing once the 9 is ready to go back in the garage in a few days .

I will soon be looking to get both cars covered if i can find someone that will do a nice deal :D

Wobba
10-08-2011, 09:18
If the product is underwritten by a different Insurer then the rates they apply to your quotation can be very different. It's why people shop around.

Rudi
10-08-2011, 16:56

I have found TPT cover from a company called "BUDGET" through www.cumandcomparethemeerkats.com for £311 quid , happy days .

It will take me 1 month`s premium + £10 (£26 + 10 ) to cancel my policy with tesco which i will be doing once the 9 is ready to go back in the garage in a few days .

I will soon be looking to get both cars covered if i can find someone that will do a nice deal :D

Heads up for ya mate, budget will charge administration fees to swap cars over, used to work for them.

schakal
11-08-2011, 19:53

Heads up for ya mate, budget will charge administration fees to swap cars over, used to work for them.

ayee , they do but hopefully i wont have to swap for a while now .
in fact what i need is some insurance that will cover both cars so i can be a chooser as to what i want to drive each day :P

Wobba
12-08-2011, 11:38
Always worth finding out the admin and cancellation charges before you choose.