PDA

View Full Version : TPS Problem

Vandella
04-08-2011, 21:49
Hi all,
I think im having problems with the tps.. the accellerator cable has been quite slack, ever since i bought it.. now the engine its starting to 'stick' at revs n fluctuate when on half- full throttle. i have adjusted the clip on the cable, so its pulled it a bit tighter to the stopper before the throttle body. But its nearly at the piont where it guna start revving.. does this mean it would need a new tps or just cleaned (if possible).. or just recalaborated or howeva its set up...

Also im getting the clutch changed within the next couple weeks but which is the easiest way to get at it? engine n gear box up or down to get out of the chassis or is there a way without removing the engine completley, to save time experimenting. lol

Cheers Guys!

fabulicious
05-08-2011, 10:54
For access to the clutch, drop the subframe and slide the gearbox out under the nearside arch. Engine can stay in situ.
As for the TPS..dont even get me started on that one :)

MAXIBOY
05-08-2011, 12:17
if the throttle cables too long get a new cable.. might have worn

tps can be adjusted but most are set and function like that all there life..

can remember tps settings or if it can be set without an RX25

maybe someone else..will.. sideways danny

Vandella
07-08-2011, 12:25
ok..thanks for the help!..after reading a few topics on here.. could it be a dodgy speedo cable causing this? The speedo does the bouncing trick at low speeds and noticed it did it at around 70ish earlier.. is this an earth problem? just need regrounding? or a new cable?... ive been told it isnt n i can understand why its not, but it feels like the clutch is sticking..could it be the pressure plate? rather annoying problem!!! lol
if the tps is knackerd..would i be able to get just a throttle body with one attached and plug n play, effectivley? also would i have to check that it hasnt been setup for a non stock ecu?