PDA

View Full Version : A sad farewell....

Anders
25-07-2011, 10:29
yep, after 13 years of ownership and with the car gradually going down the pecking order and moving further back in the garage. This weekend saw it drive off the driveway for the last time!

It is in perfect condition after a full rebuild and refresh 4 years ago (new gearbox, driveshafts, brakes, suspension, battery, alternator, water and oil pump, oil cooler, radiator, PAS pump etc..) but I just didn't drive it enough...yep I know...I should of made time and give it the respect it deserves especially after all these years. I bit the bullet and gave it to a friend of mine who flew up here to drive it back home to the UK again...so if you are around Reading/Wokingham and see a Willy 2, M697 XWG, then give the fella a wave!

Had some great times together and some awesome drives (mostly into south wales when I was spannering for the scooby rally car). I reckon the big gathering at Brands supporting the BTC and Clio Cup where we all got to drive a lap in 1 huge long precession was the best day out of all.

Met lots of really great people along the way, a few idiots too (but mostly from CS) but on the whole it has been a great experience and my thanks goes out to all of you - I am sure I will see it and drive it again as I have told the guy NEVER to sell, if so then I get it back.

I'll leave you with one of my fav pics....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/anders_UK/Clio/WillyinSnow1.jpg

robi1000
25-07-2011, 11:23
:(

theweekendhaslanded
25-07-2011, 19:45
Farewell fella!! :cry:

Good to hear its returning to the UK.

Love the pic! I once had it as my screen saver many years ago! Thanks for sharing it :wink:

Al.