PDA

View Full Version : Advice required!!

geebers
22-07-2011, 12:14
Hi everyone,

Before i take my Williams to a professional (which will obviously cost) just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or knows any simple checks even i could do.

Although both my side lights are working both the main beams aren't. Also the high beam (for flashing slow 1.2 Corsas to move over:)) isn't working either.

It's a bit of a coincidence that both have suddenly stopped working isn't it. Could it be a fuse or would a fuse knock out the side lights aswell?

I'd appreciate any help with this?

Thanks

16v_paddy
22-07-2011, 13:34
iirc there is a fuse for the headlights, think it's in the fuse box next to the washer bottle, could also be a faulty headlight stalk/switch problem.

I'd check the bulbs, then the fuse then try replacing the stalk before pissing about tracing wires looking for breaks etc :wink:

stevie_b
22-07-2011, 14:05
Sidelights are on a different fuse, iirc. So I'd start with checking the main light fuse, bulbs and connections into the headlamps. If no joy there then place a voltmeter over the headlamp connector and trace back from there - maybe the switch itself has gone, but I doubt it.

geebers
22-07-2011, 14:29
thanks for the advice. I'll check the fuses at the weekend.