PDA

View Full Version : Gunnerchip? How do they work

Lee b
17-07-2011, 12:30
Hi all,
I have a standard will 2 with 96k on it, was looking for a way of squeezing a few more horses out of the old girl. I've seen the gunnerchip advertised on here, how is this fitted, does it have to be set up and what sort of improvement will you get.

Also I have a stainless scorpion with sports cat on it is there anything else that would make a difference
Thanks

Wobba
17-07-2011, 16:34
Hi all,
I have a standard will 2 with 96k on it, was looking for a way of squeezing a few more horses out of the old girl. I've seen the gunnerchip advertised on here, how is this fitted, does it have to be set up and what sort of improvement will you get.

Also I have a stainless scorpion with sports cat on it is there anything else that would make a difference
Thanks

You need an ECU with a chip carrier soldered in and then pop the chip onto it, it replaces the OEM EPROM chip. The Gunner180 has an increased rev limit of about 7100 RPM and will change the fuelling and possibly ignition advance a tiny bit.

I think I have two F7R ECU's here with chip carriers already on them and one with a Gunner180 in on of them as well.

JamieG
17-07-2011, 17:51
I've just fitted a 180 to my car, it's pretty much standard car bar decat.

I've only driven it about a mile since fitting it, and the difference is noticeable.

I fitted mine without the carrier though, as it fitted straight in.

chip
18-07-2011, 09:42
The 180 part of the name is even less realistic than the claim in the name of a clio172, lol