PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Reverse

1995clio16v
15-07-2011, 23:11
Guys, I can't get reverse since I've fitted my mongoose exhaust tonight.

Went out after fitting my new wheels for a test run. Then pulled in to do a 3point turn, pitch black, in middle of road, couldnt get reverse, had to get out to push the f**ker, cars coming both ways, just stopping and watching. C**TS.

Anyway....

Fitted it from downpipe and backwards.

Have I probably moved the gear linkage rod of some sort?

Only other thing I did, was use a longer bolt for the top hole on the decat to the downpipe?

What do we think? What would we be checking first tomorrow?

schakal
15-07-2011, 23:15
Exhaust pushing the gear linkage in , happened to me before .
Should be an easy fix for you :P

1995clio16v
15-07-2011, 23:18
c'mon schakal, fart and give us a clue...

schakal
15-07-2011, 23:31
I just told you doode , stop being such a lazy punani and check it out .

I am a gynecologist not a fokkn fortune teller !!

:D

1995clio16v
15-07-2011, 23:48
I'll check tomorrow to see if the exhaust is pushing the linkage in :wink:

Wobba
16-07-2011, 00:11
The flange/bolt on the exhaust are physically in the way of the linkage bar when you try to change into reverse probably.

2 live
16-07-2011, 00:59
as above. the bolts stopping the linkage moving far enough over. either chop the bolt down, or refit it the other way round.

schaks knows schit

1995clio16v
16-07-2011, 10:05
So good on this forum for 'unconfrontational' advice.

Posted the exact same question on c16v-er. Get morons saying 'why did you change the exhaust, should have just left it alone...'

Well no....

'I changed the exhaust because it's my car and I wanted to'

Cheers guys

:D :D

JamieG
16-07-2011, 19:44
Yeah, I had exactly the same problem when I fitted my mongoose, adjusted and it's been fine ever since.

schakal
16-07-2011, 19:55
schaks knows schit

you are just a jealous cnut iirc :D

16v_paddy
17-07-2011, 01:31
So good on this forum for 'unconfrontational' advice.

Posted the exact same question on c16v-er. Get morons saying 'why did you change the exhaust, should have just left it alone...'

Well no....

'I changed the exhaust because it's my car and I wanted to'

Cheers guys

:D :D

Don't judge a whole forum because of the 1st person to reply to your post answered like a complete knobend :wink:
That guy has been a bit wierd lately as well :?

chip
18-07-2011, 11:35
Paddy, Paul is one of the area reps though, not just some random forum user, lol

The clio16yearold forum has a few good people on it but they are massively outnumbered by the wankers IMHO, this forum seems far better to me, the demographic skew here is far less chavs and more people with decent knowledge.

With regards to the original query, certainly sounds like the linkage's movement is being restricted by the exhaust, so if you jack the car up and lie under it and get a friend to move the gearstick as if engaging reverse it should be instantly apparent what the issue is.

16v_paddy
18-07-2011, 19:29
Paddy, Paul is one of the area reps though, not just some random forum user, lol

Well you've got me on that one :oops: :lol: but that guy has been a bit fcukin bi-polar lately :dontknow: