PDA

View Full Version : Renault Blue's

Vandella
15-07-2011, 16:38
Hi all, im having a few issue's with my lovley Willy.. firstly..i have a clutch issuse.. im aware of the stiff and low bite point usually.. thats fine ive had a new cable put it n im finding it a batlle to get it in to gear.. and reverse just grinds. it wasnt like this bad before.. are there certain parts i could try replacing or just go for a new clutch.
Secondly i get a knock when cornering quite hard.. i then have to jolt the wheel in order for it to kock again.. ive recently had new suspension at the front and new bushes, new track rod ends, new lower ball joints and new bushes on the front anti roll bar. the engine mounts n gearbox mounts look ok.. any ideas as to what else it could be? front sub frame? im a bit lost tbh! thanks for any help or replies! :roll:

Jaymzfc
16-07-2011, 18:36
Had this issue and the cable snapped eventually so a new clutch was the trick, don't forget to change the small bush on the pivot arm.

Vandella
16-07-2011, 18:52
:D Cheers, the clutch does whine abit too.. so def' time for a new one!
I've also noticed the spring on the peddle is stretched so will be replacing that too!

Tuccy
18-07-2011, 00:08
might be worth a try

when released the clutch pedal rests on a plastic stop, (think its green or brown but cant rem
press the pedal down and pop the plastic stop out,
press and release the pedal a few times, you should hear clicks
press the pedal back down and replace the plastic stop again..
This adjusts the clutch ratchet to suit your new cable

zmaster2k
18-07-2011, 07:06
Knock sounds like a wishbone collar that the bush sits in I'd say it's come loose. Remove wishbone, replace collar, weld fudger in!