PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Original Renault/Blaupunkt Stereo Problems!!!

hank3944
10-08-2005, 09:42
Hi, has anyone experienced any difficulties just after replacing the original RCW stereo? I think the dash lights/ rear lights are somehow wired into the stereo circuit ( I know it sounds stupid!! )

Please help :(

Mattie
10-08-2005, 11:19
wot problems you having m8? sum of the lights not workin or sumtin?

hank3944
10-08-2005, 11:51
Yeah well basically I think the dash lights and maybe the left rear light are all wired into the radio circuit somehow I think there may be a wire int there that powers the dash lights. cos since i changed the stereo i had these problems straight after!.

:?

Mattie
10-08-2005, 12:05
mmm im not sure m8 tbh....but i noticed when i changed my sterio there were sum wires held 2gether by sum black tape n ruber, if u take ur sterio out and luk through the hole there right at the back / bottom, they actually stopd my sterio from fitting properly, had 2 jam the ****a in!....

ne way not sure wot these wires r for maybe there 4 the dash lights etc....check to see that they havnt cum loose!

also did u run any wires down the side of your car in2 your boot 4 an amp / sub? cuz i ran all my wires down the passanger side which means goin round the back of where the fuses are....maybe u knocked 1 loose or sumthin?

hank3944
10-08-2005, 13:41
yes i did run the amp wires down that side, But I have now put the original stereo back in and all is as good as new! its as if the dash wiring runs through the stereo. maybe something to do with the control stick on the steering column for the stereo that plugs into the original stereo. If thats not plugged in the replacement stereo maybe it causes problems???? Who knows well spooky though.

Justin..
11-08-2005, 21:08
i had the exact same prob on my 1.2 clio, i just bogded the light to work to get thru m.o.t. i couldnt find the fault any where.