PDA

View Full Version : Williams 1 Black Trim

Squeak
12-07-2011, 11:12
I want to tart up all off the black trim on the car but i want it to look as OE as possible. Does anyone know what the best colour black would be?

Also would it be a good idea to buy plastic specific paint? I plan to do the Skuttle Panel, Front Bumper Moudling, Rear Bumper Moudlings, Rear Wiper arm, front wiper arms (obv metal paint here), Door Handles, Wing Mirrors, Roof Rails, Aerial Base, Airbox, Engine Bay Plastics and anything else i can think of lol. Also for the ph1 side strips can the inserts be removed so i can spray the outer bit black and put in the inserts after.

Thoughts welcome about best stuff to use and try to keep it protected.

Thanks Dan

LEIGH-ANNE
12-07-2011, 19:51
http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Wurth_Plastic_Dye_Plast-PT_75ml.html

Theres been a recent post about this. Have a look dan

Flan
12-07-2011, 19:58
That stuff looks stupidly expensive and only lasts a year. I'm gonna paint mine. Plastic primer first then a very dark grey (not black)

LEIGH-ANNE
12-07-2011, 20:04
Mine has been done more than a year and still looks like i did it yesterday, expensive cos it works. Wobba did his aswell

jamiecrookston83
12-07-2011, 21:37
Heat gun with black wow. got to be careful with the heat gun though

Squeak
13-07-2011, 09:01
Thanks for the info peeps.

I would like to spray mine though tbh especially as some of the trim im putting on the williams has been sprayed before.

Also Flan .....dark grey........:S i ordered a new ph1 grille (pattern part) and it came black.

What colour black would anyone recommend satin?

Flan
13-07-2011, 12:42
Hmm interesting....

well looking at 0001 it looked dark grey (i mean very dark grey so dark you could almost call it black :lol: )

Ive got a chart so im gonna match it up to a new trim.

Squeak
13-07-2011, 13:02
Let me know how you get on please flan

Wobba
13-07-2011, 15:25
Use plastic primer first and clean anything you spray very well first.

I used black matt or satin aye.