PDA

View Full Version : Sp what are they really like?

mk2moo
11-07-2011, 00:24
Alright guys i come in peace from VW world haha. I am getting a bit bored of my scirocco's and have always had a hankering for a clio williams. So my question is what are they really like? Im used to older cars, had a 1.9d phase 3 mk1 clio as first car and since had all vw's with the newest being a 1991 plate :). I would like non biased views please, your experiences with the car and why i should get one over a mk2 golf gti :)

Cheers,

Liam

16v_paddy
11-07-2011, 00:59
Get a valver instead, these poxy williams are overrated :P

Seriously though, since you're already used to older cars you'll be aware of the usual age related issues of rust, wear & tear items etc.
With these cars it really is all about the driving experience, massive amounts of fun & gauranteed to put a smile on your face.

For me it'd be a difficult question to answer if you were considering a mk1 gti but since you're not...... :P

mk2moo
11-07-2011, 09:05
Ive droben mk 1 golf gtis etc. Just heard the williams are meant to be great. Ill still have my other scirocco thats going to have a vr6 t in it.just want a nice hot hatch to use. How much should i be looking at spending? Also which one is best to go for out of the phases?

cliokiz
11-07-2011, 10:44
The weakness with these cars is rust as already mentioned, gearboxes, wiring and leaking sunroofs.

Try to get one that hasn't been messed around with.